TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Observation

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Observation
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-25-2017 11:48 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lonzo Ball was not the best player on the floor last night. De'Arron Fox was. He wasn't even second best. Malik Monk was. Not only that, the SEC is turning out to be the best conference in the tournament!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-25-2017 11:51 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm no doubt you are correct in all three of your observations....

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-25-2017 12:17 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The SEC started on a project 3 years ago to upgrade college basketball within the conference and it is obvious it is working. They required their teams to go on the road more, play higher ranked teams in my opinion has made a major difference in the conference. The officials probably ruined more good basketball games within the SEC this past season than anyone. We had some great talent within the league which has shown up now that we are into the NCAA tournament. Hopefully a quality coach at LSU and Missouri will also help league competetion. I do think the style of ball the teams played us the last half of the season made a major difference in getting us ready for the big dance. Those grind it out games were not pretty wins but they were wins and now we are on a 13 game winning streak, longest in the nation. Cal has our team buying into playing defense which has been a major difference maker in our run. Even though UCLA shot 52 percent against us last night, we took their strength away by limiting the 3 point shots they made. I may question Cal some of the time but would not trade him for any coach in the college game today.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-25-2017 01:15 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought 14 game winning streak Ray?

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-25-2017 01:46 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal is the man. I don't have any idea if I'd like him at all in person, but I LOVE him as our coach!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-25-2017 02:04 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am not sure who the posters were, bit I do recall a few posts this season, stating that Calipari was a great recruiter that was an average coach.

In my opinion, no matter how far his teams get, Calipari does an outstanding job. I wouldn't trade Cal for any of the other coaches out there. The 5% of the fan base that are always griping about the coach, wouldn't be happy if Adolph Rupp came back from the grave to coach the team.

He recruits very talented players and he hasn't had any scandals, though a few sportswriters have tried to bring him and the UK program down. Remember his first season with Bledsoe and some chump sports hack thought he had a smoking gun. The Rose deal in Memphis was on the NCAA, who cleared him through their investigation and then backpedaled after the season was over and tried to say he was not elligible. What a crock. A certain Lexington Herald sports writer thought Calipari was at fault for that. What a turd he is. Then we have the Marcus Camby incident at UMass. He signed with an agent, privately, and didn;t tell anybody. Calipari nor the university had any knowledge of that happening, but Calipari was blamed as the bad guy.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-25-2017 02:36 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Ed, you are right as usual, 14 game winning streak. Won't it be nice if this young team finish this season with a 17 game winning streak.

To add one more thing about this team, I have never seen a point guard in all my years of watching college basketball, do the things Fox did last night. He was a man among boys and just let the game come to him and took advantage of the situations as they presented themselves. He just had too much speed and athleticism for UCLA to contain. According to Cal, he told the team at halftime to feed off Fox in the second half and they all loved the idea. That has been the common theme all season for this team, go to who has the hot hand.

[ 03-25-2017, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com