TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Fox......I am waiting for him to turn the corner

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fox......I am waiting for him to turn the corner
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-19-2017 11:47 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fox had the injury and then he got the flu bug and was a non factor for a few games.

But, I was hoping for a more dominant PG. I am still hoping for one.

He did take over at the end of the Georgia game, on the road. After missing two free throws, he nailed the rest of them........

What I see missing from his game is him making a pass to an open shooter, when he drives to the basket. What he appears to be doing to me is dropping his head and going full speed to the rim and the hell with anything else, once he starts his drive. Sure, he makes a few or gets fouled. There are open shooter's waiting to pull the trigger on threes. Fox seems to pass to shooters when a defender is already on them. Does anyone else see this?

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-20-2017 09:23 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, I noticed that in the Georgia game. But earlier in the season, he frequently found the shooter when he drove. Maybe you're right, and he is learning from Briscoe.. just lower your head and go! I hope not... he is blessed with two great strengths as a point guard: Court vision and amazing speed/quickness. He will need both for us to succeed.

Oh, and a decent jump shot would be nice too. [Smile]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13621 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-20-2017 09:30 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fox is my favorite player on this team, has been from day one[don't like his man bun though]. He is not a selfish player at all in my opinion, distributes the ball very well and at one time was chasing the assist record at UK prior to his illiness and injury. I was happy to see him take over the game against Georgia, that was definitely needed the other night and he came up big by scoring those last 8 points of the game to get us a win. I felt Cal had turned him lose late in the game to either win it or lose it for us based on the way the rest of the team were playing.

[ 02-20-2017, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-20-2017 09:52 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He has always been my favorite newcomer on this team as well.
Posts: 5398 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-20-2017 10:16 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My favorite player is Monk. I like them all. I do feel that Fox has to come on. He played great at the end of the Georgia game. He has not been consistent.

With Briscoe being a Jeckle/Hyde player, the success of the team falls on Fox and Monk.

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-20-2017 10:28 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like Fox alot. I almost feel like Cal has told him to attack more and in his mind that means attack to score. He still passes the ball very well, but I do see what you mean about him dropping his head at times. I think he has great instincts and would love to see him when he gets a consistent outside game. He will be hard to stop when that happens. Too bad we won't get to see it in a UK uniform though.
Posts: 5437 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 02-20-2017 06:26 PM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Problem is NONE of them are consistent except Mulder

--------------------
Pray for our Service Members and their families left behind!

Posts: 8880 | From: Lawrenceburg, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 02-20-2017 10:43 PM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Mulder or Hawkins could be our Darius Miller
Posts: 860 | From: jacksonville, fl. u.s.a. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-21-2017 07:32 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Milder is a sniper from the three, but that is all the game he has. He is not a ball handler and can't drive to the basket. He is a catch and shoot guy. I think he should get some of Briscoe minutes, to help with offense and be a zone buster.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-21-2017 11:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fox had 13 points 5 boards and 4 assists tonight but he can play better.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com