TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cats open as 7 point favorite over Ga

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cats open as 7 point favorite over Ga
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-17-2017 06:47 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I will be happy to come out of Georgia with a 1 point win. If we can win that, I feel we will win out the rest of the regular season and enter the SEC tourney with a 26-5 record with games remaining with Fla and Vandy at home and Missouri and Texas A&M on the road.

[ 02-17-2017, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-17-2017 07:40 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree Ray - Ga may be the toughest game left since the big guy at Fl is hurt!..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-17-2017 07:48 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This game worries me. Cats beat them in OT at home, and this is on the road. Like SCWC, I'd be totally happy with a one point win.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 02-17-2017 08:13 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I fear that Maten may have another great game and get our inside guys in foul trouble if Cal doesn't dial up a zone D at least some of the game.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-17-2017 09:27 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd like to win the last 5 but it could be difficult if we return to the bad play we've seen in the last month. To lose would really hurt us.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-17-2017 10:18 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't forget - Fox didnt play in the 1st one..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-17-2017 10:31 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Georgia, Missouri, and Texas A&M are on the road with Florida and Vandy in Rupp.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-18-2017 07:38 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukcatfannfl:
Don't forget - Fox didnt play in the 1st one..

I was ready to take points until I read this. Now I don't know. We'll see if Fox makes that big of a difference. I kind of think it will.
Posts: 10343 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-18-2017 09:26 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hopefully Cal will use the zone some n this one. Just keep switching from man to zone, and keep them off balance, also throw in some full court press to speed them up. IMO keeping teams off balance is great. If we can contain Maten, and then play offense like we did against Tenn, we should win by 10.
Posts: 5438 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-18-2017 10:38 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just hope Monk has a game close to the one he had against them in the first game but playing them in Stegeman Coliseum will make it tougher.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-18-2017 03:27 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Georgia has lost 11 games and 5 out of their last 8.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-18-2017 05:39 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
KY now a 7.5 point favorite tonight !

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123985 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-18-2017 05:45 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We play up to our capability and we win by double digits.

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-18-2017 06:58 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Frazier is making the defense look awfully bad, he has taken Hawkins, Fox, and Briscoe all off the dribble and had his way with them. He has 14 points and sat out a good 6 minutes of the first half with 2 fouls.
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-18-2017 07:00 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The cats are not fundamentally very sound with the ball. So many travels and all were very good calls by the officials. Briscoe has two and Bam has two walks with the ball, ridiculous at this phase of the season and against this competetion.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-18-2017 10:31 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Briscoe has to be one of the most frustrating players I can remember. So much talent with the ball, but he seems to force the issue so often that he creates just stupid turnovers. He has no control over whether he make a good move or a poor move.

Plus, I probably would've ejected him over intentionally taking down the UGA player late in the game. He could've really hurt that guy. That was so blatant and they called just a common foul, even after looking at the replay.

Posts: 10343 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-19-2017 05:16 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am one that is not now and never has been a big fan of Briscoe. He plays street ball and is very mouthy. We as fans are not used to Kentucky players getting technical fouls called on them for frustrations with their own play. Monk and Briscoe both got Teed up last night. I thought the official over reacted on the Monk double technical with the Ga player but the one on Briscoe was well deserved. There is no room for that kind of play and we certainly are not used to seeing it from Kentucky players. This team seemed to have regressed in their play over the past month. I do not see this team being much of a threat come March Madness, they don't like playing defense and you have to be able to get defensive stops to win games. They were lucky last night that Georgia's best player got hurt 3 minutes into the game or they would have more than likely added a loss to their record. I don't recall seeing any opponent shoot as many uncontested layups on a Cal coached defense as Georgia did last night. Georgia made 17 of 31 shots in the second half last night and 50.9 percent for the game, not much defense with that kind of shooting with a team of the caliber of Ga.

And I agree Paulcat, I felt it should have been a Flagrant foul on Briscoe and ejection from the game. Actually his fouling out turned out to be the reason the Cats squeaked by Ga last night, he was a non factor all night.

[ 02-19-2017, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com