TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » ESPN poll says 50 coaches have no fear of UK

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ESPN poll says 50 coaches have no fear of UK
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-17-2017 03:23 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From KSR:
quote:

Jeff Goodman over at The Walt Disney Company’s ESPN website has a pretty neat college basketball poll up and its results are quite disrespectful to your Kentucky basketball team. Goodman and his colleagues asked 50 college basketball coaches to name which team they do not want to face in the postseason and the responses are quite surprising. West Virginia is the most feared team, according to the poll, with 14 of the 50 votes placed. Up next is Villanova with nine votes, Duke with six and then Kansas, Oregon and Virginia with four votes. But you should know that not one coach said they are afraid of the Kentucky Wildcats.
quote:

[ 02-17-2017, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-17-2017 03:40 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cats have played sub par late into the season. I agree with the poll.

They have a lot of talent. They have to play better.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-17-2017 06:46 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't be scared to play us right now either. If you can play a good zone, and get back on defense you have a really good shot against us. However, if we start to play the rest of the season like we did against Tennessee, then that should put some fear in coaches.
Posts: 5420 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-17-2017 09:30 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think Cal would particularly relish the idea of playing WV either.
Posts: 14120 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-18-2017 12:03 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bama Cat:
I don't think Cal would particularly relish the idea of playing WV either.

I like West Virginia. When WVU is having a good shooting night, they can beat any team in the nation. They got beat a week or so ago, when the shots weren't falling like usual.

Right now, Kentucky is the same way. If the Cats don't improve their D, they will have to depend on hot shooting, which always seems to let you down, eventually. Not a problem in the pro game, because they play series verses college that is one and done. This season, Kentucky's AAU guys are taking longer to grasp that defensive mind set. Time is ticking......

[ 02-18-2017, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com