TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Losing pattern.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Losing pattern.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-15-2017 12:48 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've quite often voiced my (probably uncommon) opinion this season about Bam vs. Killeya-Jones and our other big men. I am not a fan of Bam at all - I believe he is vastly overrated. On KSR today they mentioned that in our five loses this year, Humphries went scoreless in each of them. He has gone scoreless in six games and we lost five of those. The only win was MSU.

Is Humphries the key to victory? [Wink]

[ 02-15-2017, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: PaulCat ]

Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-15-2017 01:11 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Short answer is no. Humphries is not the best option either. He fouls too much, is limited on defense, and offense (decent short jumper though), and his hands aren't the greatest either. Just not that strong in the post. I would be curious to see Jones get some minutes as he seems to have a skill set, but he is not seeing the floor. Must be something in practice keeping him off it.
Posts: 5420 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
phillrose1
Player
Member # 2916

posted 02-15-2017 09:07 PM      Profile for phillrose1     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would really like to know why Jones does not get any time in the games. In what limited time I have seen him play he seems to have a back to the basket game that we desperately need. Humphries is a serviceable substitute but I doubt he will be a major contributor. Bam is a pure athlete but doesnt really have a honed basketball game yet. If we do not get Jones in the games and soon he will transfer after this season. He looks like he is going to cry sitting on the bench sometimes. Anyone have any idea what the problem is here. Honestly I don't see how he can be that bad to never see the floor unless it is a non basketball issue.

--------------------
Being defeated is a temporary condition, giving up makes it permanent.

Posts: 84 | From: Va Beach | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-16-2017 10:07 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Jones can't beat out the Australian and the kid from New Zealand, the last ones I am going to blame is the coaching staff.

I recall the rumor on Willis was that it took until his junior year, before he started putting good effort into practices. Not sure how true that was, but I don't see the coaching staff having a very talented player on the bench and refusing to play him. There has to be a reason.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-16-2017 10:12 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
By the way, fans don't always agree about players or coaches, but I think Bam is UK's best option at center. He has not become the dominate force that I thought he would be, but he is also very far from being chopped liver.

I think he will leave after this season, get drafted, and if the team jells at tourney time and figures out how to get him the ball, I see his stock rising.

[ 02-16-2017, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-16-2017 10:51 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jones is just like Hawkins was. He is still seeing headlights when he gets the ball. He is not comfortable on the floor. I think he is already gone but if he decides to come back it will take him another year or maybe two before he will get comfortable in a game. Bam is still a raw kid with very little idea what to do with the ball and how to play under the basket, block out, rebound, put the easy ones in under the basket.
Posts: 14120 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com