TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Box Score Cats vs Vols

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Box Score Cats vs Vols
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-15-2017 05:13 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Box Score

It was good to see Monk get involved in the rebounding last night, he got 8, very good for a guard. Bam has the worst hands of any big man that I can recall seeing play the post for us at UK in the modern era of basketball. I fear lack of quality front line players will keep this team from making the final four this season.

[ 02-15-2017, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-15-2017 10:25 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure how many times Bam got the ball slapped out of his hands, but it was at least twice. A goodly percentage of our turnovers were because of his ball handling.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-15-2017 10:52 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Holding UT to 34% from the field and 18% from the 3 point line was impressive. Their field goal percentage for the season is 43.6 and 33% on 3 pointers.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-15-2017 11:07 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree. I don't like saying bad things about our players, but I get more frustrated with Bam than any other player (well, sometimes our guards get my dander up, but not so consistently).

The last big man I can remember with bad hands was Rob Locke, but his hands weren't this bad. Every entry pass seems to be bobbled when he catches it, and the opponents always know that he is vulnerable to have the ball stripped either when making his offensive move, or on rebounds.

I really think the is great in transition, and does a decent job of getting open for the lob-slam against the zone, but in a regular, man-to-man half-court set, he is very limited on offense, a liability on defense, and his rebounding really disappoints me as well.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-15-2017 11:13 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bam is as overrated as Skal was. He just gets away with it because of his body. Skal got pushed out of the lane whereas Bam doesn't, and this allows him to get the occasional 4-5 dunks per game.

Get on youtube on watch videos of Bam and Sasha. Those two were just monsters before college, and not just because of their size. They are so aggressive in their videos. Sasha actually shows a huge skillset in his videos - don't understand why he doesn't get in the games. It's almost like they've gotten a complete personality makeover since arriving at UK.

Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 02-15-2017 11:45 AM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Bam loses way too many balls down low. Maybe he's trying to make his move before he has a good handle on it, but he's got to eliminate those turnovers for us to be uber-successful. He had only 5 shot attempts in 33 minutes, mainly because he committed three turnovers down low.
I thought the team played better last night, as did almost everyone. The passing was better, and I thought Hawkins did a good job while he was in there, although I would like to see him shoot fewer threes. A couple of them didn't even draw iron.
Fox and Monk played well, but again, they hit only 14 of 31 shots combined. Boy, if Fox could just get the three-ball working, it would add so much to our offense.
Willis with 28 minutes - must of been a season high in minutes for him. When he's hitting those threes and playing acceptable defense, Cal gives him a longer leash.
Good game all around, and I hope they continue to play better defense and share the ball as they did against TN.

[ 02-15-2017, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: ALA_KAT2 ]

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-15-2017 11:46 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Bam would just "chin" the ball instead of leaving it low or hi with no protection - grade school fundamentals!!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-15-2017 12:22 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ALA_KAT2:
Boy, if Fox could just get the three-ball working, it would add so much to our offense.

Fox is 8-48 on threes this year. That's 16.67%, half of what Briscoe shoots.
[Eek!]

Fox should be benched every time he shoots a three pointer.

Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 02-15-2017 01:46 PM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I watched the NCAA tournament games from 2014 with Dakari, Randle and Stien and even Lee. I forgot how dominant that team was come tourney time. With the exception of Lee I don't see anyone on this squad on the front court that could play with or has the skills of Dakari or Randle. Randle would eat Bams lunch. This is the obvious elephant in the room. It's two years in a row now that it's been a swing and a miss on the post position. The simple fact is they have no rebounding prowess. This will be our Waterloo in the dance.
Posts: 860 | From: jacksonville, fl. u.s.a. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com