TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » To watch or not to watch Today ?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To watch or not to watch Today ?
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 02-11-2017 12:07 PM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To watch or not to watch Today ? That is the question. Will my blood pressure go up again ? What team is going to show up ? What to you think ?

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 755 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 02-11-2017 12:11 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Always got to watch and show our love. That is what should separate us from all the Pukies, Tarholes, JayChicks and Loosiers.

Side note! I sure wouldn't mind seeing Diallo getting some burn. Im pretty sure its a pipe dream but I can hope.

Go Big Blue plenty of time to turn it around!

[ 02-11-2017, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: WHO?UK ]

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 845 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-11-2017 12:13 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Blue, think we will win but playing them in Coleman in front of 15,000 rabid fans makes it tougher. Cal will have them ready!! Watch the game.. [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 02-11-2017 12:32 PM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sure could use his Help WHO?UK ! Like you said most likely a pipe dream !!

WHO?UK : Side note! I sure wouldn't mind seeing Diallo getting some burn. Im pretty sure its a pipe dream but I can hope.

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 755 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 02-11-2017 12:51 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We can still win the SEC. But we need a win today and turn it around soon. Go Cats!!
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-11-2017 12:57 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who would you take time from to put Diallo in the game with him being on campus and practicing at the college level for only one month. I say we don't see Diallo this season, Cal just said as much yesterday in his news conference. We have good guards already, we need better front line help and we just don't have that even on the bench.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 02-11-2017 03:42 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm glad that I watched, great effort today. Win or lose as long as they play hard I can accept that.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9789 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-11-2017 03:44 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The boys played hard today. I wished we could find a way not to give up so many driving layups!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-11-2017 07:05 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When we played zone for a little bit it was effective, and we played it well. It even looked to me that we may have even worked on it in practice Then we went back to man and they drive at will. Not sure why Cal wouldnt go back to it as they cut our 18 point lead to 6. Was at the game and it was an ugly game. Our effort was better which was great to see, but our offense is very bad. I don't know why we don't run more of a motion offense, spread. A lot of standing around. Cal needs to get some new offense and play more zone. Don't understand why it is so hard to see.
Posts: 5440 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-11-2017 07:37 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ukman, good point and playing a zone like we did today is going to help us in the future.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-11-2017 07:48 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ray, I agree you can't take time from any of our current players to put Diallo into a game. Diallo will be a big addition to next years team and he will be well versed from practicing against the current players.

--------------------

WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 02-12-2017 11:05 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SCWC, I would take time from Fox, Monk, Briscoe or Hawkins the first time they let someone drive from the half court line all the way to the basket for an uncontested lay up. I know help side defense should prevent this from happening as well but our guards don't even turn guys off the bounce at times. They just open up their stance on defense and "OLAY" the bull drives straight to the cup.

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 845 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-12-2017 11:53 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have to disagree with the comments playing hard etc etc.

Our defense was terrible - unless u call fouling every time they drove on us. We lose big if ala makes 70 percent of their fts. Sorry if I saw it different. Rebounding was better but shooting 42% will get u beat in most games...

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-12-2017 12:20 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WHO?UK, Diallo has been on campus for less than a month now and I seriously doubt he is ready for the college game, either defense or offensively. No one on this team seems to like playing defense and Cal has been working with them since summer. It would really shock me to see Cal insert him into any game this late in the season. There are only six regular season games left now, pretty late in the season to be adding another body to your rotation, especially one as new to UK as Diallo.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com