TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Brisco and the NBA

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brisco and the NBA
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-21-2017 09:01 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know what others think but I just do not see Brisco as having NBA caliber talent or ever making an NBA roster. He does not have great speed, is not an over all good shooter and at 6 3 is short by NBA standards unless you have something in your arsenal that makes you really special. I hope he does make it and feel sure he will leave UK at the end of this season but I think he would do well to stay in school, get an education and prepare for a job outside the NBA. He is a good college player, just does not appear to have NBA caliber talent like Fox, Monk and Bam do.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-21-2017 09:23 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am watching the game right now on tivo and that is exactly what I was thinking. Hawkins is better at running the point than Briscoe. When Briscoe was running point we looked horrible. When Hawkins has it we have been much better. He is not an NBA player, and I don't think he ever will be. Doesn't handle the ball well enough to be a point, can't shoot outside to be a 2, and doesn't have the size for anything else. I hope he stays in school as he could continue to be a good college player, enjoy those years, and get a good degree. If he wanted at that point he could play over seas somewhere, but have that degree to fall back on.
Posts: 5439 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-21-2017 09:31 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been saying for a couple of weeks now that I feel Briscoe is Developmental league player at best!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-21-2017 09:35 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He has been playing himself into that position. I agree.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-21-2017 09:39 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sometimes Briscoe has a night where he can hit 2-3 three point shots, but they are few and far between!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-21-2017 09:43 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He sure isn't ready to leave for the NBA, not even close.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-21-2017 09:50 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll be surprised if anyone can convince him he's not ready for the next level!

--------------------

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-21-2017 10:07 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Briscoe may eventually be a second-round pick, but he won't last long in the NBA. Fox and Monk are the only two players on this team who have NBA talent. Humphries could possibly be a decent NBA player, but he'll need a year or two more of college. Being a 7-footer goes a long way in the NBA. Bam better learn how to score without dunking the ball or his NBA career won't last long. Just ask Nerlens Noel who, unlike Bam, can actually play defense. Noel doesn't even start any more, and he plays for Philly - the worst team in the NBA. It's possible that Jones and Wynyard have NBA talent, but we don't know because we never see them play.
Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-21-2017 10:15 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope Briscoe makes it but don't think he will ever stick with a NBA team. Hope I am wrong.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-22-2017 07:14 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THe positive thing is that he's only 20 years old so there's plenty of room for him to grow and improve!

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-22-2017 12:21 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PaulCat:
Briscoe may eventually be a second-round pick, but he won't last long in the NBA. Fox and Monk are the only two players on this team who have NBA talent. Humphries could possibly be a decent NBA player, but he'll need a year or two more of college. Being a 7-footer goes a long way in the NBA. Bam better learn how to score without dunking the ball or his NBA career won't last long. Just ask Nerlens Noel who, unlike Bam, can actually play defense. Noel doesn't even start any more, and he plays for Philly - the worst team in the NBA. It's possible that Jones and Wynyard have NBA talent, but we don't know because we never see them play.

Are you making your statement about NBA talent as of right now or all time? Because I think Gabrial will have along NBA career...not sure where he will get drafted, but I think he will last. It seems that if a player doesn't leave as a freshman he is a bust.

I do think Bam will get drafted high and will do well in the NBA. I hope the team improves their half court O play and utilize him more by tourney time.

Humphries needs to improve to make an NBA team. If he doesn't improve, he can still make money over seas.

I am not sure if Briscoe will get drafted. He is not playing like an a future NBA player at the present, but he is a very, very good college player. He gets his shot blocked a lot. He had a really bad game against the cocks. If he quits having those types of games and improves, who knows.

I don't see Willis getting drafted and not sure if he will make an NBA team. He can make money over seas, if he cant make the NBA

Sascha Jones is a mystery. Hope he stays and improves. Can't blame him if he left, but I hope he stays.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com