TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » ESPN Game day at Duke

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ESPN Game day at Duke
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-21-2017 08:49 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jay Williams and the ESPN crew are really building up and glorifying the Duke program. Jay Williams even opened his shirt and had a T shirt on saying I still love Laetner. They are definitely the Duke network, always have their top broadcasting team which is Duke boosters doing their games. We are on ESPN a lot but we seem to always get the girl Lawson as our analyst. Two of the primary announcers for their game tonight are Duke alumni, Bilas and Williams.

[ 01-21-2017, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-21-2017 09:24 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately for them. Duke trails by 11 at the half!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-21-2017 09:25 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like Lawson better than either of them anyways. I think she is a good analyst.
Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-21-2017 09:33 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm so glad I get to listen to Tom and Mike call the game, night in and night out! I don't have to listen to the likes of Musberger etc!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-21-2017 09:41 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Musberger is one that definitely needs to retire. The last game he did of ours he made mistakes several times. He loses track of what is happening in the game.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-21-2017 09:45 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's been calling games for around 40 years now!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-21-2017 09:57 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Musburger started calling college basketball games in 1981.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-21-2017 10:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Duke is up by 15 over Miami with 15 minutes to go.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-21-2017 10:12 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't stand listening to Bilas calling a game. I'll take Lawson any day of the week over him. I value his opinions, but his delivery just irks me. He acts like he knows more than the coaches and the refs.
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-22-2017 05:30 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I always watch Kentucky games with the sound off, don't want to hear what the announcers say. I have been that way for years. Only time I turn volume on is when they are doing an instant replay to determine something. I did turn on a little sound last night to find out the status of Fox but that was it.

And good old Seth Davis predicted Ky would not score 61 points against SC and would lose to the gamecocks. Boy, does he know basketball.

And Lawson is probably the least bias of any of the ESPN color analysts.

[ 01-22-2017, 05:31 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-22-2017 09:30 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't think Davis should last a whole lot longer with his stupid predictions.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-22-2017 10:09 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Duke has lost to Kansas, Virginia Tech, Florida State and Louisville and two of the losses were in the last 3 games.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com