TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Officials ruining this game

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Officials ruining this game
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-17-2017 08:40 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is without doubt the worst officiated game I have seen all season long. TV Teddy Valentine sure can ruin a game for basketball spectators. They are calling it bad for both sides. The zebra's are ruining college basketball as a spectator sport. No one wants to watch free throw shooting contests. With 11 minutes to go in game they have already called 38 fouls, ridiculous.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-17-2017 09:28 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe I'm going blind, but Fox's block sure didn't look like goal tending too, but I'm not a referee and I didn't stay at Holiday Inn Express last night.

[ 01-18-2017, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-17-2017 09:43 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
College ball is getting so hard to watch. For Pete's sake it's not 1950. The game has evolved - the reffing needs to evolve with it.
Posts: 10321 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-17-2017 09:46 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A total of 52 fouls called, the officials never let either team get any rhythm to their game. When I saw TV Teddy Valentine I figured he would have to be the show as usual rather than the teams and the 3 man crew were all very poor both ways, they just ruined the game with their ticky tack foul calls.
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 01-17-2017 10:28 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Agreed. It became a referee show. Too many calls away from the ball. Not consistent.
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-17-2017 10:51 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, I thought they were very very consistent. They consistently called fouls that weren't there. I think it's time for TV Teddy to call it a career. My great grandson could call a better game than him.
Posts: 14116 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-18-2017 05:24 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TV Teddy has always been a big ten official but I keep seeing him in SEC games this season, something we rarely had to put up with unless we were playing a big ten team. He is the worst of the worst, has to be the center of attention and never lets a game get any flow to the action with his quick whistles.

The following is from KSR which echoes the sentiments of most basketball fans:

quote:

Your University of Kentucky Wildcats went into “Starkvegas,” as the court’s end zone read, and escaped with an 88-81 win over a young and improving Mississippi State team. The game gave us the emergence of a new dual-threat at the four position for the Cats and further proved De’Aaron Fox can score at will when he takes it to the rack. Fox made up for what UK missed from Isaiah Briscoe and Malik Monk, who each had off-nights. The real story, however, was the whistle frequency and the referees’ stamp on the game. I thought the officiating at Vanderbilt was the worst we’d see this year, but Tuesday night raised the bar for horribly officiated games. TV Teddy inserted himself into the action and gave the casual basketball fan an unwatchable product. Even the announcers were bashing the action during the broadcast. It was horrendous both ways and ruined the entire flow of the game.
quote:

[ 01-18-2017, 05:27 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com