TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Platoon...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Platoon...
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 01-15-2017 10:14 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hypothetical... Now this is a big IF but IF...

We got Bomba which I honestly would be more surprised at this point if we didn't. Could we see another Platoon effort next year.

1st team: Briscoe, Diallo, Wenyen, Vanderbilt Bomba
2nd team: Green, Alexander, Washington, Richards

Humphries and Tai could be interchangeable on either team for substitutions...

I see Sacha transferring for obvious reasons. The writing is on the wall unless he comes back next year and blows us out of the water.

Briscoe in my opinion is our next Darius Miller. His jumper is just too suspect for the league. However I do believe that we will hang a banner with him here. Thats just my gut feeling.

Now I honestly don't think we will ever see a platoon system again but Im bored on a sunday and wanted to see what y'all think.

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 848 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-15-2017 01:36 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WHO?UK:
I see Sacha transferring for obvious reasons.

I was watching Jones on the bench yesterday, and he was not a happy camper. He looked totally pissed and I thought right then, that young man will not be back next year. Can't blame Cal though. He's just not that good, IMO.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-15-2017 02:52 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I feel the same way Norm. he was highly touted early and got minutes, now he rarely ever gets off the bench.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-15-2017 04:32 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Sasha will transfer and Cal will regret it. I think he's our most talented big man offensively. If it's his defense keeping him on the bench then I would be pissed too because Bam is a poor defender in my opinion. I think Bam is way overrated. The only time he can score is if he dunks. Heck, we had Marcus Lee for that!
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-15-2017 07:17 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PaulCat:
I think Sasha will transfer and Cal will regret it. I think he's our most talented big man offensively. If it's his defense keeping him on the bench then I would be pissed too because Bam is a poor defender in my opinion. I think Bam is way overrated. The only time he can score is if he dunks. Heck, we had Marcus Lee for that!

I don't see Sasha as the most talented. Cal sees him in practice every day, we don't. From what I have seen of him on the court, I am not surprised that he won't get his chance, this year.

I hope he stays and develops. Some big guys just take more time to get things going.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-15-2017 10:10 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The way Cal is signing up so many top kids I see that it could happen. If we get Bomba like I feel we will, We could probably get 10 guys who could play 20 mi9nutes next year and contribute something.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-16-2017 01:08 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just saw Richards play against a team from Ga and he is not at all impressive as a basketball players. I see him as a major project. He fouled out with ten points, six rebounds and 4 blocked shots. He is tall and thin and will have to bulk up considerably for the college game. He could not even dominate a game against a Ga team with a 7 and 7 won loss record but with the number three player in the class, Wendel Carter who is going to Duke next year and is rated as the number one forward in the class. Carter knows how to play basketball, Richards does not appear too at this point in his career. I like his length but he certainly appears to be lacking in most of the other phases of the game.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-16-2017 06:40 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When it comes to centers, you never know how they'll work out. For every Cousins, Davis and Towns there appears to be a Noel, Skal and Lee. A lot of these high school big guys are ranked high just because they are tall. But tall doesn't equal talent.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-16-2017 08:39 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As I recall saying here before, Cal did not sign all his #1 choices this year. Richards was not his 1st choice. Green was not his 1st choice for PG and Alexander was not even on the list. Washington, Vanderbilt and Diallo are the only top choices when recruiting of this class began. It's going to be interesting to see how some of these guys work out next season. It's also going to be interesting to see which ones stick around for another year.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-16-2017 09:14 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The year Cal had Noel, he was caught short handed in the PG department. That hurt the team the most. Then Noel got hurt and they missed the tourney. UK more than llikely wouldn';t have gotten past the sweet 16, had Noel stayed healthy. I felt like Noel was trying to carry a team that just didn't have enough pieces around him, especially at the point.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
KyCat
Player
Member # 146

posted 01-16-2017 10:08 PM      Profile for KyCat   Email KyCat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I do not see Brisco coming back for the first team.

--------------------
TheThack

Posts: 1745 | From: Nicholasville, Ky, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-16-2017 10:52 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KyCat:
I do not see Brisco coming back for the first team.

I don't either, but I do think it would help him in the long run.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-17-2017 09:11 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Briscoe will have a D-league career. I hate to say it, but he doesn't have NBA talent. Watch an NBA game and you'll see just how good those guys are. They are the best of the best - even the guys at the end of the bench are very good players.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-17-2017 04:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK players in the NBA: Eric Bledsoe
Devin Booker
Willie Cauley-Stein
DeMarcus Cousins
Anthony Davis
Andrew Harrison
Terrence Jones
Enes Kanter
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Brandon Knight
Skal Labissiere
DeAndre Liggins
Trey Lyles
Jodie Meeks
Jamal Murray
Nerlens Noel
Patrick Patterson
Julius Randle
Rajon Rondo
Karl-Anthony Towns
Tyler Ulis
John Wall
Kyle Wiltjer
James Young

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-17-2017 05:08 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Davis leads the former Cats in points w/29.03 and followed by Cousins with 28.05

Davis leads the former Cats in rebounds with 12.21 followed by Karl-Anthony Towns with 11.80

Wall leads the former Cats in assists with 10.05 followed by Rondo with 6.97

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com