TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Bilas on how the Cats stack up against the better teams

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bilas on how the Cats stack up against the better teams
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-14-2017 02:23 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
VILLANOVA: “I would take Villanova, but just by a hair. Just because they’re older and they’ve got that sort of older leadership and they’ve been there before and they’re just so solid. But that’s an awfully close game we’re talking about.”

KANSAS: “Oh, I would take Kentucky in that one. Kansas, their big guys are not great, and that’s where they kind of fall down a little bit. Their guards are outstanding, and I think their record is actually better than their team has performed, if that makes sense. If it weren’t for those two guards, they would’ve suffered four or five losses by now.”

DUKE: “As of today, it would be Kentucky. I expected Duke to be great; they have not been that. They haven’t been healthy, they’ve had this whole Grayson Allen business, which is the oddest thing I’ve seen in all my years of basketball, and now Coach K is out for a period of time. So they’ve had one thing after another, but the other thing they don’t have, which maybe I discounted early, is they don’t have a true point guard, and I do think that affects them against the best competition that they’ve played.”

UCLA: “I would put UCLA ahead of Kentucky a little bit right now. Kentucky’s defense is starting to come on a little bit better, but I think if UCLA starts playing better defense, they score it so easily. I used to be one of those defense-wins-championships guys … but you better be able to score in today’s game … because you can’t expect to get stops and get shutouts and consecutive stops against great teams when the chips are down. You’re going to have to be able to score.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com