TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » How much and when can Diallo help UK

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How much and when can Diallo help UK
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-14-2017 11:55 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Since it was announced that 5-star shooting guard Hamidou Diallo would join the Kentucky basketball team not next season, rather in the middle of this one, but he planned only to practice with the Wildcats until 2017-18, here’s the scenario that has been rattling around in fans’ brains:

Two months from now, Diallo has settled in and started to shine in practice. Kentucky is in the NCAA Tournament. Star guards De’Aaron Fox and Malik Monk get in early foul trouble, as they did in Tuesday night’s close call at Vanderbilt. And there sits Diallo, likely a future NBA draft pick, down the bench from a head coach with a decision to make.

So, John Calipari, what are you going to do?

“I wouldn’t do it for me or for the program,” he said Friday, before Diallo’s first practice with a team already 16 games into its season. “The only way that would happen is if it was in his best interests. But it wouldn’t be about – the situation wouldn’t matter. Up, down, sideways, wouldn’t matter. It would be about him.

“What I know is in his mind and what I see, he needs to get squared away. Let’s get your base set and then come back and do your thing. That would be my recommendation if he asks me.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com