TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal's reaction to the Vandy win

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal's reaction to the Vandy win
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-12-2017 08:51 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal praised Fox's performance and took the blame for the Cats lack of discipline.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-12-2017 09:17 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the problem is more a lack of defense than a lack of discipline. We have GOT to keep Bam under the basket. He can barely guard a center - there's no reason for him to be at the top of the key trying to cover a guard. He gets burnt every single time.

I was kind of ticked off when Cal blasted Monk on the play where Monk missed the dunk. Monk took that ball strong to the rim - everything that we've heard Cal preach since he's been here. I don't know why Cal had a problem with that play.

Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-12-2017 10:40 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Because there is a difference in taking it strong to the basket and hot dogging it with so much force ou almost tear the rim down. This was not his first time to do this. The problem was he didn't slam at the right spot up there and hit the rim with it. That happens a lot when you try that when someone is trying to stop it. Not quite so bad when you do it when someone is not trying to block it.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-13-2017 07:03 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I always thought you were supposed to take it strong like that when someone IS THERE to try and block it. Normally you draw a foul or make the bucket. 9 times out of 10 Monk will make that dunk.
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-13-2017 10:00 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When Monk takes it strong to the basket few defenders have even a chance to stop him.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-13-2017 02:26 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He just misjudged it himself. When you wind it up like that it's just like driving a golf ball. If you think about killing the ball you sometimes take your eye off the ball and don't hit it squarely. You know the rest of the story. I never played golf after I started wearing glasses. I found out that glasses cause me to lose sight of the ball near the end of my swing so I gave it up.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com