TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Bilas believes Cats have a ‘once-in-a-generation’ pair

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bilas believes Cats have a ‘once-in-a-generation’ pair
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-01-2016 04:54 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jay Bilas has seen enough from No. 1 Kentucky basketball through seven games to go out on a limb.

“They are really good,” the ESPN analyst said. “They can be elite defensively. They’re a better shot-blocking unit than I originally thought. And their guards are really special.”

Human eyeballs and advanced-statistics calculators back him up on all of that.

The Wildcats (7-0) are winning by an average of 30 points per game. They are the only team in the country ranked in the top 5 in adjusted offensive efficiency (points per 100 possessions) and adjusted defensive efficiency. North Carolina, Villanova and Kansas are the only other teams in the top 10 in both categories.

So, what makes Kentucky go and who could stop the Cats? Bilas chatted with SEC Country about that.

How good are these guards?

Freshman point guard De’Aaron Fox has produced 3 double-digit assist games in his first seven as a college player, including a triple-double against Arizona State on Monday night. Freshman shooting guard Malik Monk has scored 23-plus in four of his last five games. Together, they’re averaging 34.6 points, 10.3 assists, 8.6 rebounds and 2.9 steals per game.

“De’Aaron Fox and Malik Monk are a once-in-a-generation backcourt, as freshmen,” Bilas said. “To get those type of guys to come in as freshmen, I can’t recall a backcourt that’s been that talented between two players. Really, really incredible. I’m so impressed with them. They’re the engine of that team. They’ve got other guys who can do really good things, but those two are the engine.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 12-02-2016 01:35 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bilas talks out of both sides of his mouth, I trust him about as much when it comes to his opinions of UK as I do any of the other announcers. I heard him say the other night that UNC was by far the top team in the country,never once mentioning that Ky was now ranked number one. He is another Vitale, talks about who he is covering or his beloved ACC teams before anyone else gets any favorable coverage. His response on Monk and Fox were the direct result of being asked a question about them and their abilities, not volunteered opinions.

[ 12-02-2016, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com