TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » I Am Back

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Am Back
FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 11-30-2016 01:55 PM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gentlemen, I just wanted to say it is so good to be back on the board again, and see so many of the same names........... It has been about a year ago I had to step away due to a few family issues that all seemed to crop up around the same time....

Norm knows a lot of my details, and I must say, THANK YOU to Norm, his brother and friends because my get away Trout fishing trip to Arkansas with them was without a doubt the best relief valve from a crazy, incessant year of mess, and the closest I have been to feeling normal again..........

September, a year ago,my daughter-in-law was diagnosed with Leukemia 3 months after delivering my Granddaughter, went through months of Chemo, was determined to be going into remission and was preparing this September for a Bone Marrow transplant from her brother when they once again discovered cancer again......which was devastating.... but I have never seen a faith in the Lord more on display than with her and my son Richie.

Also in September a year ago, my wife who has battled clinical depression for decades lost her father which completely devastated her and in March she attempted suicide, spent several days in a coma and months in counseling and it has been a long slow road to recovery...... but again, the Lord has been there as always to pick us up....

On the bright side..... my wife is doing very well, my daughter in-law, has finished her 2nd round with chemo and on the the 8t of December will be admitted to IU Cancer center in Indianapolis for the long awaited Bone Marrow transplant now scheduled for the 15th....

Both of my sons are doing very well, they have each blessed me with 2 grandchildren each (3 boys and a girl) and I believe they have figured out what causes that and are slowing down.. [Wink]

and me, still plugging along..... Logging in yesterday and seeing the same familiar names actually made me smile, like walking into a coffee shop and seeing old friends... As always prayers are always welcome, and I will be here again, a lot......

Rick

--------------------
Pray for our Service Members and their families left behind!

Posts: 8880 | From: Lawrenceburg, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-30-2016 02:00 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rick, prayers will continue to come your way. God Bless..

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-30-2016 03:20 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is so good to see you back on the forum, you certainly have been missed as has your son. Get him back involved once again. Hopefully now that Basketball season is upon us, we will see more of our old timers dropping in for a visit.

You certainly have had a lot on your plate over the past year Rick, we are all glad things are starting to stabilize and improve. Life is tough enough without a lot of health issues to make it tougher.

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-30-2016 03:49 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Glad things are working out for you and your back posting. I was also off the board for a while due to the need to have a temper tantrum.
Posts: 5409 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-30-2016 04:18 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You and your family, as you know, have been on the list of folks Millie and I have and read every day before we pray our rosary. I know most of you are not Catholic, but we are (mostly) all christian, and a prayer is a prayer among us. Your names will remaining on our ever growing list until you tell me to cease and desist!

I think I already have enough people wanting to go on a spring trout trip. So if you and your guys give me a four day stretch when you can make it after the middle of April, give me a shout and I'll make the reservation!

PS: Make it after 17 April, because that's Millie's birthday!

[ 11-30-2016, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 11-30-2016 08:40 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Flacatz, I do not know you personally, but I want you to know that it is good to hear you talk about you and your familys faith through those extremely difficult times. God allows things to happen for a reason and purpose, even though we may not know that purpose for years to come. Good can come out of any situation, for us, or for others that we may influence through that situation. He is in control, and you can trust Him. Prayers for your family, and I pray that you all have a blessed Christmas. Enjoy watching these Cats with your family members when you can.
Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 11-30-2016 11:14 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rick I too have missed you and glad that you are back posting. Keep the faith and god bless you and your family.
p.s. also to all on this board except - aw ok everyone! [Smile]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 12-01-2016 07:27 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Glad to have you back. I am really sorry to hear of all the difficulties but rejoice at the testimonies of faith. You and your family are in my prayers.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 12-01-2016 08:44 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Welcome back, Flacatz! Best wishes to you and your family.
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-01-2016 12:50 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Missed you. Sorry about the heavy load you had to bear but glad you are starting to get better with all. Keep posting.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com