TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Is MOnk the next Jordan?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is MOnk the next Jordan?
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-29-2016 02:08 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't remember Jordan being that dominant in college. That was a long time ago. Monk, in my eyes, is the most dominate freshman that has ever played at Kentucky. The season just started and that is what is popping into my head.

Am I looking through blue tinted glasses, because I am a UK fan? Does anyone else share that thought, or do you have a wait and see approach with Monk?

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 11-29-2016 04:26 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like your optimism, but it's WAY too early to be drawing those kinds of comparisons. Monk seems to shine against opponents that UK clearly has outclassed. We'll see how he stacks up against UNC soon, even UCLA on the radar will be a good test.

IMO, Jordan was in a class by himself. Maybe it was the fact I grew up watching him, but even looking back on some of his game films you can just tell...he had 'it'. He could turn it on almost any time he wanted to and go from being a good player to the best player on the court at will.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-29-2016 04:39 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We won't have to wait long. With UCLA coming up on nationwide TV CBS on Saturday If we beat them by 20 we can start feeling this team is going to be great. They all seemed to do something last night to contribute to the blowout.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-29-2016 06:22 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CFIY and Bama are right we are going to find out how good we really are on Saturday. It's also going to show if Monk is as good as we all think he is.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-29-2016 06:51 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The big difference I see is that Jordan actually played three years of college ball before entering the NBA, helped UNC win the National Championship as a freshman and went to the NBA after his junior year. His college fame was mostly from his freshman year when he hit the winning shot in the national championship game. Most of the Jordan fame comes from his NBA career with the Chicago Bulls where he helped win at least six NBA championships. Plus Jordan is 6'7" tall vs 6'3" for Monk with the same kind of leaping, shooting and overall skill sets. Monk is a great guard for us and my only hope is that he can be a part of a National Championship team in the one year we will get to see him wear the UK uniform. The pro and college game have both changed a lot from the Jordan era to the Monk era. It is my hope that over time Monk becomes the next Jordan name wise in the basketball arena.

[ 11-29-2016, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 11-29-2016 08:03 PM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Most interested in the PG matchup between Fox and Lonzo Ball #1 and #2PG out of last years class...... Though the comparisons will be made, I don't think the kid has ever experienced the length and quickness of Fox, Briscoe and Monk, and the young fella better start drinking his gatorade now... or feel the cramps later..

--------------------
Pray for our Service Members and their families left behind!

Posts: 8880 | From: Lawrenceburg, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-29-2016 08:39 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's premature to mention Monk in the same sentence with Jordan. We have saw him play a few games against vastly inferior players and teams. He may not turn out to be even the best player on this team.
Posts: 5408 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-29-2016 09:35 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's premature to mention Monk in the same sentence with Jordan. We have saw him play a few games against vastly inferior players and teams. He may not turn out to even be the best player on this team.

[ 11-29-2016, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5408 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-29-2016 10:45 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Come tourney time, Bam may be the big star. But, what sets championship teams apart is to have players that are a level above everyone else. Star players that are unguardable or that can make plays than no other players can make. Right now, that is Monk.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-01-2016 03:01 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This teams starters and subs are all solid players who can and will represent us well. To win a National Championship we need our whole team to be on top of their game.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com