TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Briscoe...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Briscoe...
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-25-2016 09:49 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's supposed to have an MRI on his back tonight. trying to figure out why he's still hurting! Hopefully it's nothing serious!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-25-2016 10:12 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We definitely will need him and hopefully it isn't serious.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 11-26-2016 08:22 AM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
from what i have seen of briscoe---he has improved more from the end of last year until the first game of this year---then any player i have ever seen

--------------------
american by birth-----wildcat by choice --- if you not the lead cat---your view never changes

Posts: 1023 | From: breathitt co-----lost in eldorado | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-26-2016 10:46 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think he finally realized that, "Hey! If I don't step my game up, I'll have to get a job with a construction company!"

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-26-2016 10:52 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I love Briscoe's heart. Not sure if he is a 1st round pick, but I think he will have a nice career in the league.

He had a black cloud over him, last season, that he was finally able to snap out of, by tourney time. His bad free throw shooting was in his head. I think his jump shot is better because of hard work, from the stories that I have read.

He has set the level of expectations for these freshmen guards. This last game, with Briscoe on the bench, the freshmen guards upped their level of defensive intensity.

Briscoe is a very important piece of this year's championship run, not only for his play, but his leadership as well.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-26-2016 11:01 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Agree with all but one thing. The guards are definitely stepping it up, Fox, Monk, Hawkins and Mulder. I believe Fox was getting tired in the last quarter because he was letting his man get past him a lot. With Briscoe in there he may not let that happen. I'm sure Cal will let him know about letting his man get to the basket.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-26-2016 11:11 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I in no way think the team is playing at their best. I am very impressed with these young men and their level of play and hustle. They are freshmen and they are dominating their opponents and they just started paying D1 ball! If they are this good now, just think how good they will be in March.

That Mobley kid for UT Martin is a very talented guy. He only scored 15 points and went 6/15.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 11-26-2016 11:22 AM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Didn't care much for Briscoe last year, but he said all the right things coming into this season about wanting to be a leader, etc. He clearly worked his tail off in the off season and definitely is a better player now than he was back in March. His problem at the next level is his size. Not really built to be a PG, he's more of a scorer...but too small to be a truly effective 2 in the NBA. Hopefully he works on his court vision this year so he can transition to a PG role somewhere.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-26-2016 11:25 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
cfiy, good post!

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-26-2016 12:31 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Briscoe continues to play like he has, he will definitely be a first round NBA draft pick. He has improved his game 100 percent offensively since last year and is a lock down defender, both good qualities needed for the next level.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 11-26-2016 12:50 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Briscoe can be a very effective lead guard in the NBA, especially for teams that play some form of 'small ball'. He can find the open man, drive and finish at the rim, and pull up and hit the open "J" (finally!). He isn't (yet) a prototypical NBA point guard, but he could easily step into that role.

If he continues to play this well, he is a first-round pick.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 11-27-2016 06:14 AM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The following was on "SEC Country" website.....don't know it credibility. If accurate it's great news.

"The MRI 'showed a deep muscle contusion of the gluteus maximus,' a team spokesman told SEC Country on Saturday. That’s a bruised butt. Briscoe made the flight with the Wildcats to the Bahamas for Monday night’s game against Arizona State and is still listed as 'day to day.'"

I like Briscoe's toughness and leadership as long as he stays under control.

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1791 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-27-2016 07:59 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Briscoe practiced with the team today in the Bahamas!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2016 06:43 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Briscoe practiced and felt good it will be hard to keep him off the court.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2016 09:41 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Briscoe scores 20 points going 7-9 from the floor, 2-2 from the 3 point line, 4-6 from the free throw line, 7 assists, 3 steals and only 1 t/o.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2016 09:48 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, something tells me he wasn't hurting too bad this evening!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2016 09:52 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know if Briscoe was hurting but I saw a big smile on his face after the game.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com