TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Turkey time for the Cats

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Turkey time for the Cats
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-24-2016 03:09 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal and the Cats are special and this article says it all.

The No. 1 Kentucky team will have time to celebrate Thanksgiving, but with a game on Friday and traveling out of the country on Saturday, basketball will still be an emphasis on Thursday.
But basketball will be put on hold until the evening. In the early afternoon UK will give back to the community before celebrating a Thanksgiving dinner with the team and families that came to town at John Calipari's house.

"We're going to do, Jerry Lundergan and his family for 30 years has been, the Salvation Army, and feeding the less fortunate and so we're going to go down and help serve food in the afternoon," Calipari said.

The Cats take on Tennessee-Martin Friday evening at 7 p.m. and will hit the road to the Bahamas on Saturday morning.

"Then we're going to meet at my house, our team and any of their families that are in," Calipari said. "So we're all going to have one big thing at like 3 o'clock. And then we'll probably walk through, 7 o'clock we'll walk through Tennessee-Martin. I think I'm going to give them tomorrow off, which I usually wouldn't do before a game, but this is going to be a tough run. And then Saturday morning, we play Friday, Saturday morning we're (in the Bahamas) for three days before we come back and then it's on again."

Link

[ 11-24-2016, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-24-2016 03:13 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is what makes and Cal and our Cats so special they do it on the court and they carry it over and do it off the court as well...

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-24-2016 07:19 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just watched the sports on WLEX 18 and Cal says he hopes Fox's shooting improves, but his ability to get the ball to the open man is the best he's ever seen. His defense is unbelievable. Fox and Monk is starting to look like the best UK back court ever and possibly the best back court duo to ever play college ball. I tend to agree with what I've seen so far. We'll just have to see how they play against the likes of UCLA, NC, Louivl and Kansas. I know I've got them beating NC and UCLA and losing to Louivl and Kansas. Those were some hard picks but I'm hoping we beat all four.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-25-2016 10:38 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fox is shooting 38% from the field, .09% from the 3 point line and 83% fro the line.

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-25-2016 10:47 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am not that impressed with U of L and feel we will beat them. UCLA will be a tough game but that is at home and should be a win. The game that scares me more than any is the UNC game. I think we will beat Kansas in Rupp but beating UNC even on a neutral court will be be a tough thing to do this early in the season. They are awfully strong inside and hopefully we will become much stronger inside before we play them. I have seen UCLA play, they are an outstanding team, thank goodness we are playing them in Rupp.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com