TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal's comments after today's game

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal's comments after today's game
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-23-2016 07:34 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From KSR:

quote:

JOHN CALIPARI: It was good. You don’t ever want to have a guy have to step away for awhile. He was hurting after the last game and then he tried to practice and I didn’t really – you can’t be 75 percent with the way we’re playing. So, he took today and tomorrow off and see if he can go Friday. If he can’t go Friday, we’ll just hope he’s ready for Monday. But it gave me a chance to really focus on De’Aaron leading, gave me a chance to put Malik some at point guard, which we hadn’t done this year. Gave Mike a chance to play. I went with that big team, which is what I have wanted to do, Derek, Wenyen, and Bam. Now all of a sudden you’re 6’10″, 6’10”, 6’10” and two big guards and woo! And that team gave us a run, because it’s hard to score, it’s hard to get shots. We’re still, hands are down. It’s habits they have, high school habits. When you’re 6’10” your hands are at least at your shoulder and usually they’re above your head and you guard that way, because you’re 6’10”. A lot of times they will throw the ball right into your hand, if it’s just up there. Hard to do it when it’s down by your side. And now a 6’10” player becomes a 6’2″ player. And we did a bunch of that tonight. But again, we’re getting better. I was disappointed in some of the free throw shooting, because we’re a good free throw shooting team and we got guys missing that should not be missing, or at least not missing two or three. I thought our discipline defensively was better. We just, we’re a November team. I told them after the game, we’re a November team. I don’t want my team in November to look like it’s January or February. Because the only thing that team can do is come back. And I’ve done this 30 years, and I’ve seen teams come out of the gate so good that I laugh and say, they will not be there at the finish line. They’re so good right now, they can’t get better. All you can do is get rattled. We’re not as good, we didn’t make as many shots, man, earlier in the year we were. We’re not that. We’re a ways away from where we need to be.
quote:

[ 11-23-2016, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-24-2016 02:54 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Come tournament time Cal should have them ready to roll...

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com