TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Predicting Season Record

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Predicting Season Record
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-14-2016 02:56 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am really going out on a limb this year. My prediction for UK's SEC Record will be 17-1 with the loss being to A&M in the final game of the regular season. I think they will also lose to Louisville over there and to Kansas at home for a season record of 27-3. Last year I had them at 27-4 and they ended up losing 4 more at 23-8. I'd like to pick them to go undefeated again but might as well pick 3 losses.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-14-2016 03:56 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I an not that impressed with what I have seen of this team thus far. Lots of individual talent but I fear lack of consistent outside shooting and lack of rebounding and shot blocking is going to be a weakness for this team. We will know a lot more about this team after they play Michigan State tomorrow night.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-14-2016 04:02 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can easily see our Cats losing tomorrow night. Brand new team in big venue could very well get too much Adrenalin flowing, causing unforced errors and missed open shots.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-14-2016 04:34 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would guess about 6 losses with one of them being tomorrow night.
Posts: 5403 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 11-14-2016 05:01 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't see this team losing to KU at Rupp. I think 2 or 3 losses would be great, but outside shooting could cost us a few too.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 11-14-2016 05:10 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Enterprise - sent u a private message...

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 11-16-2016 07:03 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it's gonna take something dramatic for us to lose more than two games. This team is just loaded with talent - I think more talented than the platoon team. Just my opinion. This team looks scary good right now and we aren't even close to being the well-oiled machine I'm hoping to see by March. Our guards don't know how to rebound yet. Bam doesn't know how to post up yet. We're not guarding the 3-point shot well yet. And we're 3-0 with three blowout wins. The sky is the limit with this group.

Remember John Wall's first game? He hit a jumper to win the game against Miami, Oh. Trust me - the freshman this year are well ahead of where a freshman should be right now.

[ 11-16-2016, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: PaulCat ]

Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-17-2016 08:25 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PaulCat, you are right on and agree that this team still has more upside and that is only going to make us a even better team by tournament time.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-18-2016 07:01 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Like everyone else, I was really surprised that we beat MSU like we did. Did I think we could beat them? SURE, did I think we could lose to them? SURE. I didn't really know what to expect this early in the season to a usually tough/scrappy opponent.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-18-2016 07:03 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal's teams are always young and talented with the ability to get better as the season progresses.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-18-2016 07:04 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I could see us losing 3-5 games this year if we face a team that packs it in deep and we can't hit important three's on a given night.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-18-2016 07:37 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This team is talented and deep and has a chance to be very special barring injuries. We have 3 players averaging over 15 points a game and as a team we are averaging over 46% from the field...

--------------------

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 11-20-2016 09:08 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We might lose A couple of nonconfrense games, but the SEC is weak, and I don't think we'll lose any SEC games.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9787 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-20-2016 12:08 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
rlt, I agree and would be surprised if we lost a SEC game.

--------------------

country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 11-26-2016 08:28 AM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
40-------0

--------------------
american by birth-----wildcat by choice --- if you not the lead cat---your view never changes

Posts: 1023 | From: breathitt co-----lost in eldorado | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 11-26-2016 10:43 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really like this team so far. My favorite thing is the way they share the ball. I think we will lose to UNC, maybe Lousiville, and then I think we will have a stumble or two in SEC. Figure we will end up with 4 losses going into the SEC tournament. The thing I want to see is how we play against a good team that plays a tough zone against us. Will we be able to shoot it outside consistently enough to win, and will we be able to get the ball inside and will Bam be able to be that force inside that we can go to when we need a basket because we aren't hitting from outside. we have some good depth and I hope this is the year that Cal finally uses it to his advantage. Love to see these guys press and run. It could be the type of team that ends up having huge runs in the 2nd half as their depth and pressure wear teams down. I am looking forward to seeing these guys play alot this year.
Posts: 5439 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-26-2016 11:10 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've had those same thoughts from the beginning of the season. I picked us to lose to A&M in the last SEC game because I didn't really see a game we could lose, but I had to pick one so I chose the final conference game. The same occurs with the non-conference. Between UCLA, Louisville, North Carolina and Kansas I had to pick two of them so I went with Louisville and Kansas. Louisville is an away game and even though we play Kansas at home it could be a loss. We play UCLA at home and UNC on a neutral court so I give us the edge there. When I look back on it it seems logical but I still think we have a good chance at going undefeated.

[ 11-26-2016, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-26-2016 07:36 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the guard play is better than I expected, early on this season. Can't wait until they play tougher teams.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com