TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Q&A with Willis

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Q&A with Willis
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-09-2016 12:04 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cats Illustrated: How comfortable are you in your role this year?

Derek Willis: I feel more of a leader this year. Vocally, Isaiah is probably our leader because he can talk to anyone and everyone. I don't know. I just know expectations of the coaches and that's why I'm going to help the freshmen out and help them get through this.

Cats Illustrated: Besides shooting what have you work on?

Derek Willis: There thing with me was that they thought I could play a lower position, play offensively a lower position but I'd have to guard it. That was their thing. This summer I gain, I think 15 pounds. It's going to factor in to like me being able to play defense for a longer amount of time and just be stronger. Now I have weight to push people around.

Cats Illustrated: Who are you guarding in practice?

Derek Willis: In a lot of pick-and-roll situations I'm switching off on guards all the time. Even my freshman year I had to guard the Harrison twins, James Young and even Julius. I had to guard everyone. In my mind I know I can guard people but it's just putting it on the court and having more confidence and stuff like that.

Cats Illustrated: Does Bam compare to Julis Randle?

Derek Willis: Yeah, I think that's a fair assumption. I haven't seen Bam play because he's been out. He's just a big guy, he moves his body and it's nut. He'll be fine.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-09-2016 06:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The extra 15 pounds should help Willis with his inside game.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-09-2016 08:12 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I sure hope a lot of that is typos and he doesn't talk like that. If not, he's damn near illiterate!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-11-2016 11:42 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Old Norm:
I sure hope a lot of that is typos and he doesn't talk like that. If not, he's damn near illiterate!

That's so funny. I was thinking the exact same thing.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9797 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com