TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Eating Broccali helped Humphries slim down

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eating Broccali helped Humphries slim down
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-07-2016 02:15 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kentucky sophomore Isaac Humphries is the first to admit that he tends to analyze things way too much. Always has, probably always will.

Humphries got the message that he had to get quicker and become more of an offensive threat to get on the court more this year. To do that, he went to work losing weight to increase his quickness and it seems to have worked.

He says he was not under a “strict diet” but ate less carbs and more vegetables.

“I just had to eat right,” Humphries said. “I drank low calorie Gatorade. Instead of chocolate milk, I found healthier options.

“I like broccoli. I like the taste. It’s healthy and one of the things I really like and eat a lot of. I am a pretty weird person I guess.”

He sayshe has no ore “dead weight” on his body and is still adjusting to being quicker. He went home to Australia for four weeks during the summer and spent a lot of time hiking to hep his endurance.

He said he gained a clearer understanding of his purpose while spending time back home that re-energized him when he got back to UK.

“I want people to stop saying I am just a backup player and bench player,” Humphries said.

Link

[ 10-07-2016, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 10-07-2016 05:16 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would love to see him and his size have a break out season and get in the starting line up, that would be a positive for this team. He has great size and is still just an 18 year old young man so if Cal develop him into a force in the middle, it could make a big difference to this team. I doubt that we will see much play from Wynyard, apparently he is way behind the rest of the team in terms of basketball talent. Hopefully he will work hard and become a good player for us within four years. Since Cal likes an 8 man rotation, I see the five freshmen plus Willis, Hawkins and Humphries getting most of the minutes on this years team.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-07-2016 06:23 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That would be a very good 8 rotation Ray. I'll take it any day!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-07-2016 07:22 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
whoops Ray we forgot Briscoe!! Hawkins situation sub only.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-07-2016 08:08 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
.....and if Mrs. Cal gets her way you have a 10th in Brad. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 10-08-2016 03:49 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I cannot believe I forgot Briscoe, he will be a starter early on so that gives us a steady 9 man rotation. If young Cal is as good a three point shooter as advertised, he may get some minutes against zones. Ready for this hurricane to get by me and hopefully have electricity so I can watch the Cats practice Sunday night 7 to 9 on ESPNU.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-08-2016 09:48 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks like there is no longer much of an eye to it and it must have been downgraded by now. Hope everyone is safe.
Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-08-2016 12:58 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ray looks like N My Beach got hit pretty hard = hope u and urs got thru it safely!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 10-08-2016 03:56 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes we did Ed, no damage yet and still have electricity but water everywhere. Over 11 inches so far with strong winds to come. Have my generator ready just in case I lose power. Been a very antsy day for me. Ready for Ky football now, hopefully they will play 4 quarters today and get a win for us.

I am looking forward to the ESPNU practice from 7 to 9 tomorrow night for our hoops cats.

[ 10-08-2016, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-09-2016 11:51 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ray, we didn't play 4 quarters but we got the win. [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-09-2016 04:33 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anytime the football CATS win, it's a GOOD WIN!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com