TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Humphries stronger and more comfortable

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Humphries stronger and more comfortable
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-04-2016 06:03 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Humphries is listed at 255 pounds this season, down five pounds from his freshman year. Humphries, like the rest of the Wildcats, spent much of his time working out with the team. However, when Humphries went home to Sydney, Australia, for the summer for four weeks, he continued his rigorous workouts.

“I was running and working out everyday,” Humphries said. “My plan was to come back super skinny so I could build the muscle without having to break through the layer of fat first. I did a lot in Australia and that helped a lot.”

The change in his body has led to more confidence on the court, head coach John Calipari said.

“He’s a little more self-assured,” Calipari said. “I can’t help you with that. You either demonstrate performance on the court – he has to build confidence where his teammates want to throw him the ball. I can’t just say ‘have confidence in him, throw him the ball.’ So he’s doing that himself. That’s why, you look at him out there and you say ‘wow.’”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-05-2016 07:29 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sounds like Humphries could be a big help this season.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com