TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Q&A with Sacha Killeya-Jones

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Q&A with Sacha Killeya-Jones
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-04-2016 09:55 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cats Illustrated: I know you went to a boarding school but how has being away from home been?

Sacha Killeya-Jones: Boarding school I was just two hours from my house so I could drive home on the weekends and see everybody. Now I'm seven and a half, eight hours now, but I'm used to being away from home. It's not been a big difference. I learned to do my laundry so it's been pretty good for me and gotten me used to it.

Cats Illustrated: Have there been any surprises about being a UK student-athlete?

Sacha Killeya-Jones: I knew fans were going to be crazy in a good way, they're really supportive and everything. I knew the workouts would be crazy hard. A lot of the things I expected coming in have been pretty much the same. The workouts have been even harder than I expected. It's obviously a big jump up from high school, like I said. The conditioning has been a lot of hard work but it's been good. It's been really good. I've gotten stronger, faster and in shape since I got here in the early summer.

Cats Illustrated: Have things calmed down with fans since you committed to UK and since you've been on campus?

Sacha Killeya-Jones: I think so. It's calmed down a little bit. Still anything you tweet will get a lot of impressions and everything. 15,000 followers on Twitter, I'm used to having 500. Anything I tweet, even if it has nothing to do with basketball, I'll tweet a song lyric and it will get 40 retweets. It's something you kind of get used to while watching what you tweet and make sure everything is fine and I'm not tweeting anything off the wall or crazy. It's just getting used to it.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com