TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal has been hard on Willis

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal has been hard on Willis
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-03-2016 06:50 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal has been hard on Willis in public, particularly about his lack of effort on defense, and that isn't easy for anyone. But eventually, all of that helped spark the emergence of Willis, so much so that Sports Illustrated named him one of the ten most surprising players in the country last season.

As it turns out, the offseason arrest also helped Willis realize what he needed to prioritize more in his life.

"Basketball. College. Being the best student-athlete I can be," Willis said. "I just want to win a championship, whether I play or not. It's what our coaches deserve; it's what our fans deserve and the players who put in all the work."

Willis will need to continue his emergence and make significant improvements if the Wildcats are to reach their ultimate goal in Banner No. 9.

"I'm in better condition now," Willis said. "Our strength guy, Rob Harris, helped me put on a lot of weight. I'm 15 pounds heavier, sitting at 227 now. We had a crazy lifting schedule this summer, so I feel like I'm a lot stronger.

"I've got to be a more sound defender, not let my guy do anything."

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-03-2016 06:53 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Willis is a huge part of this years team and if he has the season he is capable of having we are going to have one good basketball team.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com