TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » New uniforms for the Cats

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New uniforms for the Cats
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-15-2016 04:54 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The "Link" shows a picture of the uniforms.

The look leans even more on the checkerboard pattern that was seen (to a lesser extent) on last season's shorts and has become more prevalent throughout Kentucky's athletic department.

Last season's Kentucky basketball uniforms kept the checkerboard pattern off of the jersey.

Early returns (at least according to @UKequipment's Twitter mentions) suggest that an overwhelming portion of BBN isn't thrilled with the change, especially considering the checkerboard brings about thoughts of (gasp!) Tennessee. Then again, has BBN met any move from Kentucky's program with apathy?

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-15-2016 06:37 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The football uniforms have the checkerboard pattern on the sleeve. I personally do not like them, prefer solid colors myself but I am old school and they are appealing to a younger crowd with these changes I am assuming. By changing things like this, UK merchandise sales should go up, the younger crowd want the latest and are not concerned about traditional wear like us old timers are.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 09-15-2016 08:51 PM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anything is better than those God-awful denims several years ago.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-15-2016 08:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-15-2016 10:48 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The new design is butt ugly.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-16-2016 11:11 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't mind the new uniforms. Pretty snazzy, in some ways. But, far more important is how good our team plays... and I think we will all be pleased by that this season.

I like the look of the players in that photo. I know that there is some awesome talent ready for us this year.

I do have to wonder what Cal thought of his son getting those tats on his chest, though. [Smile]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
FairfieldCat
Player
Member # 2897

posted 09-16-2016 12:18 PM      Profile for FairfieldCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like the look of the players also. They look mean. As far as the tats what can you do. I have much more control of my daughter at 38 did I did when she was 18.
Posts: 313 | From: Cincinnati | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-16-2016 01:59 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I would have liked to hear what Cal said when he first saw them. [Wink]
Posts: 14171 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 09-16-2016 10:23 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The interesting thing to me is the length of the shorts, at least on the front row. That's about the length I wore in high school. The shorter shorts are making a comeback.
Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-17-2016 08:50 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
AS long as they have KENTUCKY across the front and are blue and white they can't to bad.

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-17-2016 01:33 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:
AS long as they have KENTUCKY across the front and are blue and white they can't to bad.

For me, as long the uniforms have the word "Kentucky" on them , I will still watch them. But, an ugly uniform is an ugly uniform. With the talent that Calipari has brought in, the team play will make us forget how ugly the uniforms are.

By the way, I dont know who's idea it was to make a new logo that looks nothing like a wildcat...it is stupid and it looks like a panther....makes me wonder if they are going to change the mascot to the panthers

[ 09-17-2016, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 09-24-2016 01:32 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"I do have to wonder what Cal thought of his son getting those tats on his chest, though. [Smile]"

I like the uniforms and the tattoo's, two months ago, I got A UK tattoo surrounded by barbed wire with Blue blood dripping off of it. If I knew how to take a picture and post it I would.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9795 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 09-24-2016 01:35 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
catmandoo, if I send you the picture would you post it? I still have your phone #, from when we talked before.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-24-2016 06:23 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
rlt4uk, I can understand a UK tattoo but do not get the significance of barbed wire and blood dripping off it??? What is the significance of the wire and blood???
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 09-24-2016 11:46 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A picture can not be posted here unless it is on a web site somewhere.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 09-25-2016 12:19 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SCWC:
rlt4uk, I can understand a UK tattoo but do not get the significance of barbed wire and blood dripping off it??? What is the significance of the wire and blood???

It's just A cool design that I came up with, it looks like it is going into the skin, woven around my arm and through the UK, I just like the way the blood is Blue dripping off the barbed wire.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com