TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Big Blue Madness

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Big Blue Madness
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-20-2016 03:21 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just got the alert for working the camp out for tickets to BBM. They want to know which shift we would like to work to get free tickets to BBM. They are all free but if we work a shift for the camp out we get 2 tckets without standing in line. It starts at 4:00am on Wed, 28 Sep and ends at Midnight on Friday 30 Sep. Naturally an old guy like me, I want the mid day shift. Getting up that early or staying late at night is not for me. You don't see everything when you are there in person so I use my DVR and watch it when I get home also. Glad the SEC network televises it.
Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 08-20-2016 04:58 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That sounds like it would be a ton of fun Bama. If I lived close to Lexington I would certainly be involved in the athletic program like you are. I watch all things UK starting with both men and women's basketball, volleyball, softball etc. Thank goodness for ESPN plus, I get to see a lot of volleyball and softball via that forum. I too would want a daytime shift doing something like Midnight Madness duty. Good luck.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-20-2016 10:21 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess I'm doing all they will let me. I think some of the ones whove been around for a number of years get more jobs than someone like me who is just starting my third year. I have done fotball, women's BB, softball, baseball, swimming, soccer, and outdoor track. No indoor track or gymnastics yet.
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 08-21-2016 03:13 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is a good connection to UK sports though Bama. I admire your efforts on behalf of UK and the more seniority you get the better events you will get. Any of those jobs would be a thrill for me. I have a great nephew that plays in the UK band and he plays for all the girls basketball games and boys football and basketball games. He gets twenty dollars for playing for girls basketball and volleyball but does not get paid to do either football or boys basketball games. The paid events are played by the pep band but men's basketball don't have to pay, there are so many of them wanting to play that venue the university does not have to pay them the 20.00 to get plenty of participation.

[ 08-21-2016, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-21-2016 09:25 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You're right about all that. He is getting paid just like me for playing for a couple hours at those venues. I would probably work as an usher at the basketball games for free also. [Big Grin]

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com