TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » EJ Floreal leaving basketball program

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EJ Floreal leaving basketball program
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-09-2016 07:54 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
EJ Floreal is switching sports.

The super-athletic Wildcat announced he is joining Kentucky Track & Field to compete under his father, head coach Edrick Floreal Sr.

EJ will have two years of eligibility.

He had this to say in a release through UK:

“First of all I just want to thank Coach Calipari, my coaches and my teammates for the opportunity I’ve had the last three years,” EJ Floréal said. “One of my goals was to play alongside the best players in the country and to grow and develop, and I think I’ve done that.

“Sometimes other opportunities come along. I want to use my athleticism to truly excel, and after seeing what my dad has done with his track and field athletes, I felt like this was my best chance to be the best version of myself. I want to make something clear: This was completely my decision and my decision alone.

“I know this transition won’t be easy, but I was bred for this. As much as I love basketball, track is in my blood. I’m excited for the next step.”

Floreal competed in the 100-meter and 200-meter in high school, finishing fourth and third in those events in state as a senior.

John Calipari said of the departure, “I’m really happy for EJ and this opportunity to run for his father, who is one of the best in the world at what he does. EJ has elite athleticism and I’m happy for him that he’ll truly get a chance to shine. I want to thank him for his hard work and dedication to our basketball program. He was a great teammate, he improved immensely over the last three years and he was a big part of our success.”

Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-09-2016 08:15 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am happy for EJ getting to be coached by his father and wish him well.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com