TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Looks like SEC is down again

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looks like SEC is down again
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-09-2016 03:29 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kentucky is on an island by itself

The Wildcats officially have no peer in their own conference.

For a long time, John Calipari and Kentucky would look forward to a pair of regular season tilts against Billy Donovan and Florida that would rival the heavyweight battles that Evander Holyfield and Riddick Bowe had in the 1990's with a third showdown always looming in the SEC Tournament title game.

Those days seem like an eternity ago.

With Donovan now coaching the Oklahoma City Thunder in the NBA, the Wildcats own the SEC and there's no clear cut challenger on the horizon.

With solid returnees in place like Isaiah Briscoe, Derek Willis, Isaac Humphries, and Dominique Hawkins to go with another fabled recruiting class headlined by five-star prospects De'Aaron Fox, Malik Monk, Wenyen Gabriel, and Bam Adebayo, Kentucky again looks to be a cut above the rest in the SEC heading into next season.

Linl

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-09-2016 03:43 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish Kentuckky was the top dog in SEC football. If I am going to dream, I might as well dream big.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-09-2016 04:13 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boom, Basketball yes but we won't live long enough to see a SEC championship in football.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-09-2016 07:58 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We had better win 5 of the first 7 football games or there will be a lot of disappointed fans again.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-10-2016 10:39 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't care how they get to 6, I just want to see them go to a bowl game. Every game is huge in football, even more so for a team like UK that needs to become bowl eligible. The first game against their old OC is a huge game. They really need to dominate them, not just squeak by, to set the tone for the rest of the season.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-10-2016 03:44 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Which game is that?
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-11-2016 10:54 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think their first game is against Southern Miss.

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 08-11-2016 11:54 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Football is Sept 3 vs Southern Miss. In looking at the schedule, they may win 5 games, New Mexico St, So Miss, Austin Peay, Vandy and SC. The rest of their schedule is the better teams in the SEC and they finish with U of L in Louisville.

[ 08-11-2016, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-11-2016 01:10 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I took the sunglass emoji as him knowing who the first opponent was.

The coaches seem to be talking up Drew Barker a lot this time around, which is comforting,

The D line is my big worry. If they can get through the season without injuries to the D line, they should be OK and not have to limp through the 2nd half of the season.

[ 08-11-2016, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com