TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Book on 1978 Cats should be a good read

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Book on 1978 Cats should be a good read
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-18-2016 07:55 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are only two years away from the 40th anniversary of Kentucky’s 1978 national championship team. Trust me, that’s hard for me to fathom because I was not much older than some of the players on that team when the Wildcats won that year.

Still, I have to admit I am already excited about a book about that 1977-78 team that former UK All-American Jack Givens told me about that is being written by Doug Brunk, a Wilmore native who now lives in California.

Brunk has already written one book about UK basketball — “Wildcat Memories: Inside Stories from Kentucky Basketball Greats” — that featured stories and personal essays from Joe Hall, Kyle Macy, Tubby Smith, Dan Issel, Wallace “Wah Wah” Jones, Patrick Patterson and John Wall.

“It’s really going to be a good book,” Givens said. “The University of Kentucky has commissioned him to write this book. Every guy on our team will be represented in the book. The book is going to be unbelievable.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com