TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Derek Willis gets Diversion

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Derek Willis gets Diversion
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 06-24-2016 05:04 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
University of Kentucky basketball player Derek Willis was given diversion in his alcohol intoxication case in Boone County District Court on Friday.

Willis will have to perform community service or take part in some other court-ordered program and upon completion can then get the charge dismissed and erased from his record, court officials said.

I hope that he sees how that God has smiled on him, and he doesn't do something this dumb again.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2229 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 06-24-2016 05:55 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GA Cat:
University of Kentucky basketball player Derek Willis was given diversion in his alcohol intoxication case in Boone County District Court on Friday.

Willis will have to perform community service or take part in some other court-ordered program and upon completion can then get the charge dismissed and erased from his record, court officials said.

I hope that he sees how that God has smiled on him, and he doesn't do something this dumb again.

The way I see it, the internet devils have run rampant on his soul. I don't see any silver lining in the way he has been treated. It is the price a famous person has to pay for being famous, regardless if you are an unpaid college kid or a rich celebrity.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 06-24-2016 07:17 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am happy for Derek that it is being handled this way. I don't think he is a bad kid at all, just got a little carried away and it bit him in the butt. Hopefully he has learned a valuable lesson from this and will confine any alcohol consumption to an occasional social drink from time to time.

Over his three years at UK he has not been a problem to anyone, has obeyed the rules and kept his nose clean. Everyone makes mistakes from time to time, hopefully this one will give Derek some good guidance on his path to adulthood.

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-24-2016 09:53 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We can only hope he has learned a good lesson from this.
Posts: 14120 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-25-2016 12:07 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Time will tell.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com