TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Lady Cats Problem

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lady Cats Problem
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-21-2016 12:01 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just watched Mitchell explain the problem with them losing 7 players and some coaches. He claims there was no big problem that caused all this. It was social media that caused it?? People just kept talking about it and more players just kept leaving. I still feel that if they had come out with what really happened they might not have lost as many as they did. When girls are listening to rumors and stories they think they know what the problem is but they are just guessing. He plans to just continue looking hard and recruiting who he can. I don't think he'll find enough to keep the team at the level they have been at.
Posts: 14157 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 06-21-2016 06:44 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That smells like total BS. Either the man is lying, or he is in denial.

Or both.

Seven players and coaches who voluntarily came to this university don't just suddenly leave en masse because of stuff on snapchat or instagram. We don't get seven players leave the FOOTBALL team in a season, much less a basketball team. That is more than half the team!

[ 06-21-2016, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13621 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 06-21-2016 07:13 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Women's team is not a money maker, so they don't have to be big winner every year. It is up to the AD, if he wants to keep the coach or get rid of him.

1. From all of the player and staff departures, there has not been a "smoking gun" that has been made public about the program or the head coach.

2. Mitchell has a lot of good will built up with the university. He donated a large sum of money, donating it back over a period of years. I can't remember the amount, but I think it was a total of a million. That is unprecedented for a man making his salary.

So, unless some big story breaks that is scandalous, as to the real reason why everyone packed their bags, there will be no action from the AD.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 06-21-2016 08:55 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know what the problem was but it must have been something pretty bad that has not yet been revealed by the players or the University. I think Mitchell is fighting to keep his job right now and he has certainly not given a plausible explanation of anything that has caused such mass defections from his program. I don't care what he may or may not have given back to the University, he has a very good paying job and apparently something went really wrong this past season. You do not lose all of your assistants plus incoming recruits unless there is something very wrong within the women's program. We may never know but it will eventually come out. He does have three starters returning for next season but will have little to no depth.

He can never convince me that social media has caused all his defections.

[ 06-21-2016, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 06-21-2016 11:07 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would think if it were something really bad and scandalous, it would have come out by now. Someone would have said something. But I can't imagine assistants leaving over instagram, etc. No way.
Posts: 5438 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-21-2016 11:42 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I stated the reason some time ago and I'll say that it was given to me from a source I have pretty good faith in. I have no way to verify this but I was told it all happened because the coach was showing favoritism to Epps. She supposedly was treated like a saint. If this is true I could see why other players would not want to stay. This would also explain why some coaches left if they did not agree with the coachs policy with Epps. If it was all due to social media why hasn't some of those surfaced? Were all the social media only received by the coaches and players on the team? I don't think that is something the coach should hide. If he was showing favoritism to her he should admit it and move on. Does he think that would be enough to get him fired? Something caused the social media to start but he seems not willing to bring it out so everyone can move on. I would have to agree that if things don't get better in 2 years he might as well start looking for a new job.
Posts: 14157 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com