TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Lee commits to California

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lee commits to California
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-11-2016 10:03 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kentucky transfer Marcus Lee verbally committed Saturday to Cal, a team source told The Chronicle.

Lee visited campus Friday for the second time in two weeks. He committed to the Bears over Washington, which he also visited.

Last month, after removing his name from the NBA draft, Lee announced his intention to play his senior year for another school. Under NCAA rules, he will sit out next season before becoming eligible for Cal in 2017-18.

Kentucky head coach John Calipari said in a school-issued statement that Lee, an Antioch native, informed the program he was “going to transfer to a school out west to be closer to his family.”

Link

[ 06-11-2016, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-11-2016 10:19 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't blame him. Family is very important. I hope he has a good life, and I'm not likely to follow his progress at Cal. Thanks for being such a good citizen in Lexington.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 06-11-2016 10:39 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cool news! My oldest daughter just finished up her first year at Cal. I will have to tell her to find Mr. Lee next year and give him a Big Blue salute!

I wish Marcus all the best. I wonder, however, why he chose Cal to finish. Yes, they are building a nice basketball program now, but Cal is a notoriously difficult place to get a decent GPA. Lee has always been a top student, so he may be OK, but my super-star international-award winning daughter (no bragging here! [Big Grin] ) has found Cal to be devilishly difficult.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-12-2016 07:53 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lee will have to sit out a year but when he comes back I bet he will have put on some weight and be a lot stronger too. I think he could do will do real well in the NBA especially if he works on his shot.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 06-12-2016 08:15 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't see Lee ever being an NBA player, he just does not have the basketball skills. He has the athleticism but he has not improved one iota during his three years at UK and he will not improve his basketball game at Cal either. Just my opinion. I still wish he would have finished out his career at UK, he and Matthews both would have given us depth and experience next season.

[ 06-12-2016, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com