TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal has produced 16 one and done players

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal has produced 16 one and done players
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-09-2016 06:08 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Under John Calipari, Kentucky has produced an astounding 16 one-and-done players. If you include Tyreke Evans and Derrick Rose, who played for Calipari while he was still at Memphis, he has coached 22.2 percent of the players to be drafted as one-and-dones.

Along with Rose, who was a league MVP, Calipari coached arguably the three best young big men in the game in Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins and Karl-Anthony Towns plus All-Star point guard John Wall, a former Rivals.com No. 1 overall player.

Since the 2006 high school class, Duke has produced six and Kansas five one-and-done players.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 06-09-2016 10:09 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
all that young talent doesn't equal championships though.
duke has 2 in that time, and Kansas one also. it takes a mix of one and dones, and experience. look at the 2012 team. we had 3 young studs, 2 sophmores, 1 senior, and then 1 freshmen sub. that's why i thought 2015 was the year, as everyone else did. that team had a great mix. hopefully this year can be somewhere between 2012 and 2015. we will need Briscoe, Willis, Hawkins, and maybe Humphries to provide some leadership and experience. Willis can be like Lamb/Wiltjer, Briscoe be a glue guy like Miller, Hawkins provide some leadership and defense, Humphries provide some low post presence in spurts, along with the mid-range game, and then 3 of our new 5 be studs. Should be a fun season, i just hope the freshmen live up to the hype they are getting. Pretty big expectations when Cal says they could be his best group yet. i hope everyone focuses on Duke this time and we start off a little under the radar. i would like to see Duke have all of the expectations with their number 1 recruiting class. See how they handle it. I would love to see us ranked around 10, but i am sure we will be in the top 3 again.

Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 06-10-2016 07:22 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, most of the composite recruiting rankings list Kentucky's class as Number 1 now. I even read an ESPN article where the writer referred to the Kentucky class as Number 1. I doubt we will ever be under the radar as long as Cal is here.

Recruiting Rankings from ESPN

[ 06-10-2016, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: GA Cat ]

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com