TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Briscoe to return to UK

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Briscoe to return to UK
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-25-2016 12:14 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From KSR:
quote:

[b]Isaiah Briscoe will return to UK for his sophomore season. Briscoe announced the news via Twitter minutes ago:

Evan Daniels of Scout.com confirms the news, which is huge for Kentucky. Briscoe averaged 9.6 points, 5.3 rebounds, and 3.1 assists per game last season, and his return makes UK’s backcourt one of the best in the country. Briscoe will bring a veteran presence and some much-needed defensive intensity to next year’s squad, which can now feature a three-guard lineup of De’Aaron Fox, Malik Monk, and Briscoe.

Great, great news. You’re next, Marcus.

[ 05-25-2016, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 05-25-2016 05:22 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Glad to see that. Good decision for him. He can be a huge factor for us. Is he can improve that j and ft he will be awfully good.
Posts: 5439 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 05-25-2016 06:08 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
His jumper and his free throws were improving at the end of the season. Hop e he has a great soph season and is a first round pick.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 05-26-2016 09:22 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boom, I was very pleased at how much his shooting improved over the last few weeks of the season. That has to be encouraging to him as well. If he can continue to improve on that factor, he will play himself into a pro contract somewhere.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13624 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-29-2016 03:03 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That means we will now have two starters returning to this young team, Briscoe and Willis. I am happy to see him return, he will give stability to the young freshmen guards.
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 05-29-2016 06:36 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Call me crazy but I think the Aussie will help us a lot and bring that low post presence that we saw on occasion last year by him...

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-29-2016 07:21 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I feel the same way Ed, he did not turn 18 until January so he was an extremely young freshman college basketball player. I think he will develop into a very good low post presence once he gets more game experience.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-29-2016 07:51 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am thinking that our two big guys, Wynyard and Humphries will both make themselves known by the end of this year. I don't see where many of our guys should reach 30 min PT.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com