TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Lee cancels remaining NBA workouts

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lee cancels remaining NBA workouts
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-17-2016 03:48 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Could Marcus Lee be returning to Kentucky?

After a bad showing at the NBA Draft Combine, it certainly appears that Lee may be having a change of heart based on his actions and comments. His actions include canceling workouts with NBA teams, according to SNY TV's Adam Zagoria.

And in an interview with Zagoria, Lee at least made it seem that returning to UK is still an option as he weighs his options with friends and family.

"I'm definitely weighing my options, it's definitely a process," Lee said Friday at the NBA Draft Combine. "Once I get back home I'll be able to talk it through with my family and we'll figure it out from there. We'll kind of weigh the options and go from there knowing that there is a risk there in not knowing what might happen."

It is possible that Lee is simply planning a jump to the pros and either received some kind of guarantee that's making him shut down his workouts, or he suffered some sort of injury that will affect him in workouts between now and the draft. It's also possible that Lee did so bad at the NBA Combine that he realizes any more workouts may only continue to hurt his stock.

Whatever Lee decides to do, we should hear of his plans soon enough with the deadline to pull out of the draft coming May 25th.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-18-2016 07:51 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have been saying it all year long and still feel the same way, I do not think Lee will ever play in the NBA. He has the athleticism but just does not have the skills, defensive or shooting abilities required to excel at the college level let alone in the NBA game. He needs to finish his education. He may not return to UK for his senior season but it will not be because the NBA have drafted him.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 05-18-2016 08:52 AM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
totally agree with you SCWC. Lee should complete his degree and then go overseas if he'd like to continue his basketball career.
Interesting how both Lee and Poythress would have gone in the draft if they had left earlier. Lee after his Sophomore year and Poythress after his freshman year

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gunny
Player
Member # 2869

posted 05-20-2016 06:12 PM      Profile for Gunny   Email Gunny   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lee will be back unless he wants to play overseas or for the Harlem Globetrotters.

[ 05-20-2016, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Gunny ]

--------------------
USMC/Gunny

Posts: 332 | From: Elizabethtown Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-21-2016 08:29 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He isn't going to play for the Globetrotters so I guess we will get to see him play next season.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
gaiball
Player
Member # 2926

posted 05-22-2016 08:09 AM      Profile for gaiball   Email gaiball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought I heard he was going to play professional volleyball, after he graduated from collage.

I guess I heard wrong since there is no mention of this now.

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 05-22-2016 09:10 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lee needs to figure out how to make free throws at 70% clip or higher and get himself a mid range jumper.

He is a solid college player, but he just doesn't seem to have a pro skill that is exceptional.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-22-2016 09:43 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm afraid he will never be able to get in the green room (or whatever color it is).
Posts: 14130 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-22-2016 01:14 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Last season besides Lee's 40% Briscoe shot 46%, Skal 66%, and Matthews 41% from the line.

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-22-2016 02:59 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We could be rid of half those guys but I think that Lee and Briscoe will both be back.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-23-2016 06:32 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hopefully Cal and his staff can get both Lee and Briscoe's free throw percentages up as they are junior high numbers school numbers at best.

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-23-2016 10:52 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Two m ore days and we'll know if Lee and Briscoe are coming back.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com