TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal vs K

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal vs K
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-10-2016 07:20 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"If you come after one of my players, I come after you twice as hard. If you kill one of mine, I burn your village. It’s the Italian in me. I’m not proud of that, but it’s who I am."- John Calipari

There was much ado over part two of John Calipari's State of the Program Manifesto. While on the surface the article seemed like a call to recruiting and a vision of what the program will be in the future. But if one were to dig a little deeper, and not by much, a gigantic shot at the Duke Blue Devils appears in not-so-subtle language.

Over the past few seasons, Duke has become the main rival of the Kentucky Wildcats on the court and in the recruiting world. Both teams can boast about Hall of Fame Coaches, top recruiting classes, recent championships, and college basketball pedigrees rivaled by none.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-10-2016 07:50 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Were we in basketball season this would be headline news on sports center every night. I am glad Cal is finally taking the gloves off against the holier than thou art Dook program. This has a lot to do with the recruiting of Bolden obviously.

quote:

Not only is this line directed at Duke, Coach K, Jeff Caple, and Derryck Thornton, you can also make this case that this is also directed at Marques Bolden, the prized 2016 center that Duke and Kentucky are vying for in their latest battle. Cal even states in his article, "I say all this with recruiting not quite finished".
quote:

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 05-11-2016 12:51 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is entertaining, if nothing else. It is a long summer with no sports to watch. I don't watch nba, major leagues are rigged for the big market teams, and I would rather have bamboo shoved under my fingernails instead of watching a soccer game. So, any Kentucky basketball or football news is welcomed.

[ 05-11-2016, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com