TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal on this years team's defense

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal on this years team's defense
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-09-2016 08:56 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As for this year's team, Cal thinks this could be one of, if not the best defensive team he's ever coached.

As I look at this team, we could be one of the best defensive teams that I’ve had since 2012 and 2015 – physical strength, shot-blocking ability, athleticism at the guard position that can put tremendous pressure on the ball, length at all positions, and that includes our returning players and our incoming freshmen.

Defense is probably what I will focus on more than anything early in the season, so we’ll probably be a little behind offensively because of that. My hope is that our defense feeds our offense early on and we become a better execution team toward the end of the year. Will we press? I don’t know yet. My guess is in some form or fashion we will pick up and pressure the ball.

Oh, and he also referenced Marques Bolden without directly saying his name:

I say all this with recruiting not quite finished. Why not be the best rebounding team? Why not be the best shot-blocking team? Why not be the fastest team? Why not be an exciting offensive team that spreads the court, throws a lot of lobs and dunks a lot of balls, yet has players who can make shots?

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com