TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Coach Cal takes shot at Duke

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coach Cal takes shot at Duke
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-09-2016 02:57 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From Coach Cal.com , 24/7 sports and KSR:

quote:

Calipari seemed to fire a salvo in Duke's direction and their 'set for life' recruiting pitch used on DeSoto (Tex.) 5-star center Marques Bolden and others of late, including a thinly-veiled reference to Blue Devils' transfer Derryck Thornton. I refuse to go in a home and paint a picture saying things like, “If you come with us you’ll be taken care of for the rest of your life by the program and by our alums” even though you may only be in school for a year or two. How preposterous does that sound? What if I say that same thing and the young man decides to transfer for one reason or another? Does that still hold true that we’re going to take care of them the rest of their lives? Our approach is to give them the fishing rod and the lures to help them catch fish, not to just give you the fish. Calipari also shared some thoughts on next year's Kentucky team, which should again be one of the most athletic in the country and has the potential to be one of his signature defensive teams. As I look at this team, we could be one of the best defensive teams that I’ve had since 2012 and 2015 – physical strength, shot-blocking ability, athleticism at the guard position that can put tremendous pressure on the ball, length at all positions, and that includes our returning players and our incoming freshmen.
quote:

Duke pretty much run ESPN so they do have some very wealthy alumni which can and will take care of their recruits if they help them win a National Championship. I am sure this is the pitch coach Ratface is using on these recruits, especially Bolden.

[ 05-09-2016, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-09-2016 04:35 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish I could take a "shot" at them. I used to squirrel hunt with a .22 single shot and was fairly successful at it. That was many moons ago, but I still think I could hit a big target! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com