TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Barnhart joins NCAA basketball committee

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Barnhart joins NCAA basketball committee
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-06-2016 12:39 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mitch Barnhart has been chosen as a member of the NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball Committee – the body that annually selects the 68-team NCAA Tournament field – the NCAA announced on Friday.

“This opportunity to serve is a tremendous honor and I am humbled to receive it,” Barnhart said. “The NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball Committee is tasked with setting the field for one of the greatest events in all of sports and I am eager to contribute to that process. I respect my new fellow committee members a great deal and look forward to working with them, as well as (NCAA vice president of men’s basketball championships) Dan Gavitt.”

Barnhart joins the 10-member committee with a five-year appointment, the latest example of Kentucky’s athletics director playing an important leadership role in the national landscape of college sports. He is currently a member of the NCAA Division I Management Council and the chairman of the NCAA Competition Oversight Committee in addition to serving on the SEC Network Content Committee. He also previously served on the NCAA Division I Baseball Committee.

Link

[ 05-06-2016, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-09-2016 07:13 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good to see Barnhart on the NCAA Men's Div. 1 Basketball committee, that is a big honor.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com