TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Lady Cats lose another player

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lady Cats lose another player
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-05-2016 09:29 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From KSR:
quote:

UK Hoops lost ANOTHER player. This time, Alexis Jennings was granted her release to transfer to another program. Jennings, a sophomore forward, started 18 games last season with an average of 10.2 points and 7.1 rebounds per game.
quote:

There is something bad going on within the ladies basketball program. With that many transfers and players who had committed recinding their comittments, it appears the ladies program is in big trouble for a few years to come.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 05-05-2016 11:30 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is some big numbers to lose from that player, especially since he has lost all of the other players.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-05-2016 01:38 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
they can hide if they want to but eventually it's gonna bite them in the butt, if it hasn't already. I haven't looked to see who is left but I'm figuring they may have 5 good starters left but I don't know how much help the other 2 girls will be.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-05-2016 01:50 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There has to be something really bad within the girls program for that many players to leave within one year. We may never know but were I the President of UK, someone would be giving me answers. I would be interviewing every one of these girls leaving in person to find out exactly what has transpired to make them want to take their game to another school, these are young ladies that played a lot this past season so it is not for lack of playing time. It has to be Mitchell himself, all the assistants have already left. I just do not see how he can survive this much turmoil within the program. I just don't see how Mitchell can withstand all this and keep his job at UK.

[ 05-05-2016, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-05-2016 04:36 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If I had to bet on it, I'd put my money on something sexual.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-05-2016 06:04 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
norm us old guys seem to think alike. I can't see anything else that is obvious. 3 female coach's and a half dozen girls?
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-09-2016 07:20 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From KSR today:

quote:

The hits keep coming for UK Hoops. 2017 Bullitt East High School point guard Lindsey Duvall has decommitted from UK and reopened her recruitment, according to her father. Duvall was a Top 10 player in America when she pledged to play for Matthew Mitchell. Her career took a serious downward turn when a tumor was discovered on her left leg before her junior season. She made an unexpected return near the end of the season before her Chargers fell to the eventual Sweet 16 Champs, Butler, in the Sixth Region Tournament. She’s currently ranked as the nation’s #23 prospect by ESPN. It’s only been five days since Mitchell lost his last player, Alexis Jennings. If there’s one silver lining from Duvall’s decommitment — at least it doesn’t hurt them immediately? The number of players on next year’s roster remains at seven.
quote:

I don't see how Mitchell can survive all this turmoil. There is just too much smoke for there to not be some fire.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-09-2016 08:44 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't imagine that the athletic department hasn't gotten to the bottom of this by now. It isn't sounding good but what whatever happened has to be addressed and the guilty parties have to pay the price.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-09-2016 11:00 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh they know what the problem is. They are to ashamed to bring it out in the open is why we don't know anything. I hope I'm wrong but I see no other explanation. Problems always come out but this one is sitting in the closet festering.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com