TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Bolden silent on his choice of UK or duke

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bolden silent on his choice of UK or duke
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-27-2016 08:44 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Marques Bolden has the eyes of all Duke and Kentucky basketball fans on him right now, but he has not been heard from in quite some time. Bolden is one of the few 2016 recruits who has yet to make a decision, and there is no indication as to when that decision may come.

Bolden initially had said that he wanted to decide by his 18th birthday, but that was a week and a half ago and there still has not been a decision. Most people think Bolden is down to Duke and Kentucky, but he has never officially eliminated TCU from the running.

Despite the fact that TCU is still in the running, the likelihood is that he will choose between the Blue Devils and the Wildcats. Bolden has friends on both teams and has said he doesn't want to disappoint either group with this decision, but that is inevitable. While Bolden hasn't said anything since his birthday passed, his high school coach, Chris Dyer, has said that his player is really struggling with the decision.

For a long time Duke has been a pretty heavy favorite to land the five-star center in most people's minds, and it seemingly still is, but considering how long he is taking to make the decision the Blue Devils might not be in the lead at all. A few weeks ago the argument could have been made that Bolden was waiting for a scholarship to open up at one of the two schools, but Derryck Thornton decided to transfer from Duke and Marcus Lee decided to enter the NBA Draft and doesn't look like he is going back to school, so that can no longer be the case.

There are some out there that believe Bolden is milking his recruitment so that he could continue having his time in the spotlight. That could be true, but based on what people around him are saying it seems like he is really having a tough time with this choice.

Bolden knows this is a big choice, which is why he is taking so long to decide, but Dyer has told him that no matter where he decides to go, he's still going to college and will be playing for a great program. Dyer is right, as whichever school he chooses will have the number one recruiting class for 2016 and will have a great shot at the national title. Dyer also basically confirmed that Bolden would be wearing a blue-and-white uniform next season, but whether that uniform will say Kentucky or Duke on the front of it is still very much up in the air.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-01-2016 11:20 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's sounding better for the Cats getting Bolden.

Three recruiting writers for the Duke 247Sports website switched their Crystal Ball predictions from the Blue Devils to UK on Friday afternoon. Duke insider Andrew Slater, a highly respected recruiting reporter and one of the top-rated Crystal Ball prognosticators, was the first to change his pick Friday.

As recently as a couple of weeks ago, confidence in Duke circles was high that the Blue Devils would ultimately land Bolden, who is the top remaining recruiting target for both schools and will likely decide which program ends up with the No. 1 recruiting class for 2016.

There is still no exact date set for Bolden’s college announcement. The signing period ends May 18, but players can still pick a school after that date and play for that program without signing a national letter of intent.

Bolden ended up as the No. 1 center and No. 18 overall recruit in the final rankings from 247Sports.com released earlier this week.

Link

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-01-2016 07:00 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From KSR May 1st:
quote:

Marques Bolden, a late-addition to the Ball Is Life All-American game last night, gave a slight update regarding his college decision. Bolden is currently still between Kentucky and Duke and was originally set to announce before April 17th. With that date being far surpassed, the entire world of college sports has their eyes on the #1 ranked center in the 2016 class. “I’m definitely close,” Bolden said in a brief interview during the game. “I’m making a decision real soon.” While “real soon” certainly isn’t a definitive date, it is the most information we’ve heard from Bolden himself in quite some time. He noted what factors will be most important in making his decision. “Really, just the relationships I have with the coaches and how comfortable I feel at their university.” We told you on Friday that three Duke reporters from the 247 sports site changed their prediction from Duke to UK. Well they changed their predictions again, so Bolden’s crystal ball now goes to 59% in Duke’s favor. We’ll keep you posted for the latest updates on Bolden’s decision.
quote:

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-01-2016 07:32 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe tomorrow. [Wink]

I really don't care any more. Me thinks this young man is all about the attention.

Posts: 5398 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-02-2016 03:07 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Me feels the same way Handy.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-02-2016 09:02 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is what Bolden said Saturday night at the BallIsLife gameSaturday night.

During the game, Bolden was interviewed and said he's getting close to choosing between the Blue Devils and Wildcats.

"I'm definitely close," Bolden said. "I'm making a decision real soon."

Bolden said relationships and comfort level will be the ultimate deciding factor in his decision.

"Really, just the relationships I have with the coaches and how comfortable I feel at their university."

Bolden, who is ranked as the top center and No. 17 overall prospect in the 2016 class by the industry average 247Sports Composite, is the top uncommitted prospect left on the board and will decide the nation's top-ranked recruiting class.

Link

--------------------

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 05-02-2016 09:30 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure he's milking the situation for attention. This is a HUGE decision for this kid, and he's obviously not sure what he wants to do. Remember Terrance Jones? He committed to Washington and then realized he made a mistake within hours after the press conference. This is not an easy decision for some kids.
Posts: 10340 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-02-2016 09:41 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree it's very important but you have to make a decision some time. I just don't understand what is unknown to him at this point in the process. He's had a year or more to look and consider all aspects of the decision. What more can a coach or school tell you. Prolonging this doesn't say much for a kids ability to make a decision. What does he do after making the decision and getting in a situation like Duke had this past year?
Posts: 14147 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 05-02-2016 10:09 AM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let's not forget Jamal Murray didn't decide until June.

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 05-02-2016 11:01 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think this is an attention grab either. I think he is either genuinely torn or he knows what he wants and his parents are leaning the other way. The latter is my belief. I believe he is delaying he decision trying to convince others to be on board with his decision.

Personally, I would rather have Allen based on what I know right now, but I am not sure we have a chance with him.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2254 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 05-02-2016 11:18 AM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ga Cat-I too prefer Allen but he took us off his list. He wanted to commit last fall but we waited too long and I think it pissed him off.
He's more than likely signing with Texas

--------------------

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 05-02-2016 02:13 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No matter what we think about Duke, the kid is faced with two golden opportunities. While he can't go wrong either way, he is probably caught in "analysis paralysis" trying to find a factor that will tilt the scales one way or another.

Give him time.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13618 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-02-2016 02:30 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think he probably has pretty much promised both Cal and K and now doesn't know what to do.

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-02-2016 03:09 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jamal Murray had to go through the re classification with the NCAA to be able to sign, that is one reason he was a June signee. He was originally scheduled to be a freshman in the 2017 class.

[ 05-02-2016, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 05-02-2016 03:18 PM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If he announces after Sunday (Mother's Day) we have a good chance.

--------------------

Ol' Blue
Player
Member # 2317

posted 05-02-2016 08:06 PM      Profile for Ol' Blue   Email Ol' Blue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think he comes to UK. Duke has already cleared a scholly for him by getting rid of Thorton. If he was going there he would have committed.
He is waiting for UK to clear space for him. JMHO

--------------------
Number nine will be divine!!

A man needs something to believe in.........I believe I'll have another beer!

Posts: 2274 | From: Roanoke, TX | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-04-2016 08:44 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal has options to open up space for Bolden but hasn't done that so far.

--------------------

uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 05-09-2016 08:31 AM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With Mother's day gone I'm thinking we may sign Bolden!

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-09-2016 09:03 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That seems logical. Not? [Big Grin]
Posts: 14147 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 05-09-2016 09:05 AM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This whole situation reminds me of that kid that did the same thing a few years ago before settling on Kansas.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com