TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » UNC Basketball Removed from NCAA Report

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UNC Basketball Removed from NCAA Report
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-26-2016 10:27 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Told you so. This is comical. My favorite part of the article.

quote:
So gather 'round the rulebook, all ye NCAA conspiracy theorists, we have found Jerry Tarkanian's Holy Grail: The NCAA is so mad at the Carolina football and hoops teams, it's going to penalize the bejesus out of women's basketball.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/15356594/north-carolina-tar-heels-latest-ncaa-news-tough-make-sense-of

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11567 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-26-2016 11:04 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I read that on ESPN this morning, unbelievable, Carolina along with Duke are the holy grail of college basketball. We knew nothing would come of this all along. Were it Kentucky, we would have NCAA officials taking up residence on campus to make sure we get pushed under the bus.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 04-26-2016 11:24 AM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's Amazing, We would have the death penalty. [Eek!]
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-26-2016 12:30 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe they are correct in reasoning that if the benefit was offered to the whole school population the was nothing wrong done by members of the BB team. But how do you get away with saying there was nothing wrong when the benefit was wrong to start with. Sometimes I just don't understand how these people got an education to get where they are. I guess this satisfies Bolden's questions about whether UNC would be on probation. I'll bet he commits very soon now. [Wink]
Posts: 14147 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-26-2016 01:47 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bama Cat:
I believe they are correct in reasoning that if the benefit was offered to the whole school population the was nothing wrong done by members of the BB team. But how do you get away with saying there was nothing wrong when the benefit was wrong to start with. Sometimes I just don't understand how these people got an education to get where they are. I guess this satisfies Bolden's questions about whether UNC would be on probation. I'll bet he commits very soon now. [Wink]

BC,

But they are throwing the UNC Women's Basketball and Soccer teams under the bus for attending the SAME classes. They just removed UNC Men's Basketball and Football from the report. Comical.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-26-2016 03:32 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess we will have to keep on listening to the arrogant UNC fans talking about doing it the "UNC way". Cheatin bastids.
Posts: 5396 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-26-2016 04:21 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope every ancestor of every one of those on the committee burn in hell. There is no reasoning about there decision whatsoever. Maybe they thought they had waited and delayed for so long that no one would notice their decision. If I was the president of the ACC I'l give them 2 choices. Either take the penalties I give you or leave the ACC. I'm not sure another league would take them in.
Posts: 14147 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-27-2016 07:09 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ESPN article on UNC basketball:'

Article

It certainly sounds like this writer thinks UNC are getting away with murder in their man's basketball and football programs.

[ 04-27-2016, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 04-27-2016 12:35 PM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Moral of the story is---- Loserville should have offered strippers to the entire student body and they would not be in trouble!

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 04-27-2016 12:40 PM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Although I disagree with the decision, I do understand why the NCAA will do nothing to them. My problem with the NCAA is there is NO consistency.

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-27-2016 01:28 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by uncSUCKS:
Moral of the story is---- Loserville should have offered strippers to the entire student body and they would not be in trouble!

LMAO. True enough.

--------------------

redbone

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com