TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Elementary teacher new Ulis would be special

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elementary teacher new Ulis would be special
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-25-2016 08:27 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kelly Reed always knew that her son, Tyler Ulis, could be a special player.

“It’s just a little thing I would say – point guards are not made; they’re born. Since day one. People ask me, what camps did you send him to? Who trains him? He could dribble the ball like it was on a string since he was like 2 and 3 and that’s the honest truth,” said Reed.

“And it just developed over the years. I always knew he had a little gift. I didn’t know exactly how far it would go. I knew what his dream was. It wasn’t my dream for him, but he’s always been gifted with the ball and just sharing the ball and making kids around him better.

“I actually have a letter from a teacher that he had to write a paper and she said how she watched him on the playground and his dream was to go to the NBA and she said how she sees him making it because she just watched him on the playground. So she saw the saw thing I saw and I want to say he was maybe in the fourth grade.”

Now Ulis is withing two months of seeing his name called in the first round of the NBA Draft despite being only 5-9 and leaving UK after just two years.

“It was surreal sitting here at Kentucky. Each game is like a new game and I’m sitting here like I can’t believe I’m here. Because of his talents I could believe I was here, but it was still surreal. Like I said, he just keeps exceeding my expectations,” Reed said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com