TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Duke vs UK which one does Bolden choose

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Duke vs UK which one does Bolden choose
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-24-2016 01:13 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Blue Devils are touted as the early favorites even without Bolden as they will have a fearsome backcourt with returning Grayson Allen and McDonald's All American co-MVP Frank Jackson. No.3 overall recruit Jayson Tatum is their top swingman.

It presents an envious dilemma. "Getting everyone to buy in -- from his five-star freshmen to his upperclassmen -- is going to be Coach K's biggest challenge. There are only so many shots and so many minutes to go around on a team this deep and talented," SB Nation pointed out.

Kentucky is not that far from Duke, but they will rely heavily on the freshmen if all the Wildcats who declared don't return. They do have a sophomore center in Isaac Humphries but Bolden could start over him. They also have top point guard De'Aaron Fox and returning Isiah Briscoe as playmakers.

Bolden will join the best collection of bigs if he commits with John Calipari, but despite recruiting four five stars, "what Kentucky really needs is a small forward who can shoot."

Marques Bolden will walk into a contender either way, but SB Nation gave the edge to Duke simply because Coach K has shown to be better at managing a low post talent like Okafor.

The Crystal Ball prediction of 24/7 Sports also had Bolden landing at Duke with 68% of their experts picking the Blue Devils and only 27% choosing Kentucky.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 04-25-2016 08:31 AM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mama wins out--Duke

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
bigbluerev
Player
Member # 1633

posted 04-25-2016 02:38 PM      Profile for bigbluerev     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Mama wins out--Duke
I don't buy it. Talking heads and "experts" have been saying pUKe, pUKe, pUKe for weeks now. "He's a pUKe lean", "done deal", yada, yada, yada.

Then why hasn't he committed yet? There is absolutely nothing standing in his way to committing to pUKe by now.

The talking heads and "experts" simply repeat and regurgitate something they heard someone else say. One person heard some supposed "insider" say the parents want pUKe and the player wants UK, so everybody parrots and repeats this squawking sound-bite. We have no idea if this is even the close to accurate. What we know is that he hasn't decided yet and has had plenty of time to commit to pUKe, but hasn't.

--------------------
Personal Responsibility - stop looking to the government or anyone else to take care of you. www.GodMakesSense.com www.RefreshingRain.com

Posts: 1806 | From: Cold Spring, KY | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-25-2016 04:06 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let me add to that -- Jefferson, now that he will be back is not going to sit...He will start and play lots of mins. Ky is NOW a better option for him..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 04-25-2016 04:10 PM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hope you guys are right but if I had to put $ on it I'd bet Duke

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-25-2016 05:11 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jefferson actually plays the 4 position at Duke, I don't see his returning for a 5th year as a negative for them when it comes to recruitment of Bolden.

[ 04-25-2016, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
bigbluerev
Player
Member # 1633

posted 04-25-2016 05:17 PM      Profile for bigbluerev     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hope you guys are right but if I had to put $ on it I'd bet Duke

Why?

All we can go on to make a guess is what we hear. What we have been hearing for weeks now is overwhelming trending for pUKe.

So, if what we have been hearing is accurate then he would have committed to pUKe by now.

I would also add a slight move to "walk back" some of the confidence in those predictions.

I'm not saying he is going to pick UK. I'm saying that the evidence clearly points to one simple fact. The prognosticators don't know anymore than we do. They are simply guessing and the sad thing is many of them are guessing based on what some other prognosticator GUESSED.

--------------------
Personal Responsibility - stop looking to the government or anyone else to take care of you. www.GodMakesSense.com www.RefreshingRain.com

bigbluerev
Player
Member # 1633

posted 04-25-2016 05:25 PM      Profile for bigbluerev     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Jefferson actually plays the 4 position at Duke, I don't see his returning for a 5th year as a negative for them when it comes to recruitment of Bolden.
Jefferson's return may not impact Bolden's decision.

BUT Jefferson's return would impact his playing BIG TIME if he chooses to go to pUKe. Jefferson is indeed naturally a 4, but there is no way Bolden starts ahead of Jefferson and Giles. Giles is also naturally a 4. Coach krybaby is going to play both Jefferson and Giles ahead of Bolden - he will design his play on using these 2 in a 4/5 combination and Bolden comes off the bench. Those two will be on the floor the majority of the time. The only real question will be the health of both of those two - if either of them is not recovered from their injuries then someone slides into their spot.

You also have to consider Chase Jeter, who I know had an underwhelming year, but is a returning sophomore 5 star McD AA. There is no guarantee Jeter would not be ahead of Bolden as well because krybaby prefers upperclassmen.

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-25-2016 05:42 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Take ur word for it but I did read that he is a natural 5 and didnt play it as much last year because of the Plumbee kid..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-25-2016 07:03 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed, we recruited Jefferson real hard during his senior year in Philadelphia and we were recruiting him then as a power forward. He has never played any center during his 4 year Duke career. I agree, there would probably be more playing time for Bolden at UK and hope he comes with us, just wish the kid would make his decision and end all the turmoil. I think his ego might be a wee bit too big for us at UK, any kid that draws out his recruiting as long as Bolden has makes me think he is all about himself and not the team he chooses. He is obviously loving the attention he is getting. I am not sure he will be a starter for either us or Duke but do feel his chances would be much better at UK. I see a Duke front line consisting of Tatum, Giles and Jefferson.

[ 04-25-2016, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-25-2016 08:06 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i have to agree on the duke starting lineup. Bolden better be sure he don't mess with him like he did his guard (sucker).
Posts: 14151 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com