TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Lee to test waters for NBA draft

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lee to test waters for NBA draft
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-20-2016 09:54 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kentucky forward Marcus Lee is exploring the option of evtering this year's draft his brother said Tuesday.

Link

[ 04-20-2016, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186358 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-20-2016 09:58 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The water is going to be cold and deep and coming back for another year will serve him well.

--------------------

Posts: 186358 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 04-20-2016 10:03 AM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:
The water is going to be cold and deep and coming back for another year will serve him well.

Totally agree. The only thing he can do well are the alley oops dunks...
Posts: 1495 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-20-2016 10:25 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lee needs to work on a 15 foot jump shot as it would help him and the team a lot.

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-20-2016 10:39 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just do not see Lee as NBA material, same with Alex Poythress. Their games never improved from their freshman years till now. Alex may play overseas somewhere but he will not be on an NBA roster, not even in the D league, just my opinion. Lee may play professional volleyball one day, he was a high school all american in that sport at one time and his quick jumping and athleticism is much more suited for that game. Lee is a good kid and will be a success in life, whatever path his future holds for him. And Alex with his education and intellect will certainly earn a great living in life even without the NBA.

[ 04-20-2016, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 04-21-2016 09:44 AM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Very odd the way he announced--an interview with Jeff Goodman??
Just my opinion but I don't see him coming back to UK. He's gone. And I see Bolden going to Duke which means Humphries had better get his ass in shape this summer.

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-21-2016 10:59 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The article was written by Jerry Tipton, not Jeff Goodman. I don't see Lee transferring anywhere, he has a year left and I think he will finish it at UK. I think all on this forum have pretty much conceded that Bolden is going to Duke. We have some pretty good front line players coming in without him.
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-21-2016 11:29 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think this is new news though. Cal said every player on the UK roster that was draft eligible, including walk-ons, would declare to test the waters.

As limited as his offensive game is it is not his biggest weakness IMO. His biggest weakness is easily corrected, move his feet on defense and don't commit silly fouls. He is a plus offensive rebounder. He just needs to learn to not foul so he can stay on the court longer.

[ 04-21-2016, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11534 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-21-2016 12:00 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree on his improvement and think he is just having fun with his dreams right now. I don't believe he has shown enough to get picked in the draft. He will be back with his 6 points per and maybe could improve his in the paint work enough to get in the draft next year.
Posts: 14129 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-21-2016 04:13 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

"I've gotten a lot of feedback, and people are saying I was hesitant and didn't have confidence in my offensive game," Lee said. "But I do have an offensive skill set that was prominent in high school and in AAU. I am just working on getting that back again now and looking forward to showing this to NBA teams." "In my mind, I can be a dominant player on that end of the court. I just want a chance to show that."
quote:

Jeff Goodman Article

I hope for Lee's sake he does get drafted and moves on. The Goodman article gives the impression that he feels Kentucky held him back to some degree. I can now see what Russ was saying in his post referencing the Goodman interview. That puts a whole different light on Lee and his intent.

I think he needs a lot more than just learning to move his feet on defense and stop committing foolish fouls, he needs to have a shot other than a lob dunk to survive in the NBA and that he is definitely lacking.

[ 04-21-2016, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-21-2016 06:19 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All eligible players should test the waters per this writer and I agree. It really helps even if they stay in school as it really gives them a road map on what they have to improve on and what the NBA is looking for in their draft picks.

Any college basketball player with even a remote chance of earning an invitation to the NBA pre-draft combine would be a fool to do anything other than precisely what Cheick Diallo did Monday.

Diallo declared for the NBA Draft and did not hire an agent, which means he can withdraw his name at any point through 10 days after the combine (May 11-15) in Chicago ends. Consequently, there is absolutely no risk whatsoever in Diallo declaring. It’s not a gamble in any way. The same goes for Carlton Bragg Jr., Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk and Wayne Selden Jr. Even Brannen Greene, who might not receive an invitation, would run no risk by declaring for the draft by the April 24 deadline. (By the way, would it be tacky to mention at this point that Kansas could have used a healthy Greene to break that first-half scoring drought that ate 6 minutes, 55 seconds, of clock against Villanova? Irrelevant question, but one worth pondering.)

A pair of talent evaluators told me guards Frank Mason III and Devonté Graham won’t receive invitations and would be setting themselves up for disappointment if they applied, but they would not be risking anything.

Link

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com