TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Marquis Bolden to make decision tomorrow

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Marquis Bolden to make decision tomorrow
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-16-2016 11:15 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Following the Jordan Brand Classic, undeclared DeSoto High School (TX) big man Marques Bolden spoke to reporters about his looming college decision.

As it stands, the 6-11, 250-pound center has narrowed his list to include Duke, Kentucky and TCU. At the beginning of the week, the decision was slated to come by April 17 which will coincide with his 18th birthday. That path seemingly is still in place as he confirmed that he wanted to make the final decision while continuing to work with DeSoto High for a formal announcement which would come in the days following.

With Duke and Kentucky at the forefront of his decision, Bolden touched on the differences of the two national powerhouse programs.

"Kentucky works like none other," Bolden told 247Sports Insider Andrew Slater. "The way they develop and produce guys at the next level is just crazy. And then Duke is so structural and they're known for just winning. You go there and you'll be known as a winner forever. They're just two great programs."

Bolden, the No. 2 overall center in the class as per the 247Sports Composite, would be the sixth addition to Duke's 2016 recruiting class, which includes Harry Giles, Jayson Tatum, Frank Jackson, Javin DeLaurier and Jack White, while solidifying it as the No. 1 overall class in the nation.

Duke currently holds a 68% advantage over Kentucky in the 247Sports Crystal Ball.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 04-16-2016 11:26 AM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With his statement of " "The way KY they develop and produce guys at the next level is just crazy." It should be a NO Brainer !!! The next level is what he is looking for anyway !!

[ 04-16-2016, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: ProBlue ]

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 762 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-16-2016 02:07 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ProBlue, let's hope your right as he sure would fit in with the recruits we already have signed.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-16-2016 02:15 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I read a thing a few minutes ago where his Dad said he's not going to do it tomorrow. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is

KSR

[ 04-16-2016, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-16-2016 02:36 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He is going to Duke and that is just fine with me. We have a good roster already signed for next year and if I had my choice, I would take Allen over Bolden. I think his statement that at Duke he would always be known as a winner tells a lot about the young man. Kentucky is the Winningest basketball program of all time, don't this young man know you are also a big time winner at UK, more national championships than Duke, more NBA players than Duke etc.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-16-2016 07:53 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There are kids out there every year that say things that don't make sense. It seems they haven't done their homework that well. They make a decision that contradicts what they are saying.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-16-2016 09:35 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think they know where he is going but the family is playing it for all the publicity they can milk it for. We all know I was wrong. He is headed for Duke. Go ahead and get it over with.
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-17-2016 03:36 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, you and Catmandoo are our recruiting pros on the forum and if you feel he is Duke bound, which is the way I feel, he is more than likely going to Dook. They can have him, would be nice to have another big body inside but we will be just fine without him. Duke need him a lot more than we do.
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 04-17-2016 09:01 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SCWC:
He is going to Duke and that is just fine with me. We have a good roster already signed for next year and if I had my choice, I would take Allen over Bolden. I think his statement that at Duke he would always be known as a winner tells a lot about the young man. Kentucky is the Winningest basketball program of all time, don't this young man know you are also a big time winner at UK, more national championships than Duke, more NBA players than Duke etc.

Educate him! Hahaha

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 848 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-17-2016 10:15 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really think if we had signed Bolden we would have had the best chance of all the teams in the country to win the NCAA tournament. If Lee, Wynyard or Humphries can turn it up a notch or two we still could win it all.

--------------------

blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 04-17-2016 03:40 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we lose Bolden, is there another recruit out there that we could still get?
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-17-2016 10:13 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes Allen is about the same size, maybe a little thinner , but he is rated right about where Bolden is. He may be holding off to see where Bolden goes before he commits. He is most likely going to TX but if Bolden goes to Duke, Allen may just change his mind and come to UK. My best guess right now is we don't get either one. We have enough big guys this year so we won't be hurt as much as Duke would be if he doesn't come to UK. I'll take my chances with Adebayo, Gabriel, Jones, Lee, Willis, Humphries and Wynyard. Out of those 7 guys we should be pretty good. Matter of fact Bolden and Allen can see that pile of big guys and will not be real excited about coming to UK.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-18-2016 09:35 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
.................and so his birthday has come and gone and his selection is still gone also. He knows, but the publicity is over as soon as he commits. Look for another while of putting it off. He goes to Duke, even though I thought he would be convinced to come to UK by Fox. Looks like too many big guys for him to come to UK.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-18-2016 09:50 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I doubt it's because to many big guys as he with his talent it isn't even a question. It's because of coach K and Duke.

--------------------

uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 04-18-2016 02:24 PM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Allen is not coming to UK regardless if Bolden goes to Duke. He wanted to sign last Fall but Cal wasn't ready for him.
UK reached out to him again and he's not interested. He's gonna sign with Texas

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-18-2016 04:59 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
uncS, your right, the latest is he will sign with a Texas school and not the Cats.

--------------------

Gunny
Player
Member # 2869

posted 04-22-2016 11:44 AM      Profile for Gunny   Email Gunny   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, he was to make up his mind tomorrow. That was over a week ago. Does anyone know what date tomorrow is?

--------------------
USMC/Gunny

Posts: 332 | From: Elizabethtown Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-22-2016 01:41 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's just like that song, Where or When. Doesn't make a big difference to me where he signs. If the 2 of them don't go to Duke and Texas I'll fall out of my chair.
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-22-2016 04:15 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You might have to Bama since Jefferson has received a fifth yr since he only played in 9 games last year. No way he isn't going to start.

[ 04-22-2016, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 04-23-2016 06:11 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is some good news. It could swing Bolden our way now. [Smile]
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-23-2016 08:19 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tomorrow So ya gotta hang on 'Til tomorrow. Come what may. Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya. Tomorrow!

Sang in my best tenor voice!

[ 04-23-2016, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5409 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-23-2016 08:20 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jefferson was really their best overall player until he got hurt. He is the one that gave us the toughest time when we beat them back in November. He was a recruit Cal wanted real bad coming out of high school also but he is another one that chose Duke over us. He had 15 rebounds and 16 points against us.

[ 04-23-2016, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 04-24-2016 08:12 AM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In my opinion it all comes down to if Bolden can convince one of his parents to say its okay if he goes to UK. The longer it goes the better it is for us----I think....

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 04-24-2016 09:30 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Longest tomorrow ever!

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 848 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-24-2016 10:22 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He will NOT be the starting center for Duke so now KY makes more sense to me at least!!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gunny
Player
Member # 2869

posted 04-25-2016 10:05 PM      Profile for Gunny   Email Gunny   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just heard it's delayed until the day after tomorrow instead of tomorrow.

--------------------
USMC/Gunny

Posts: 332 | From: Elizabethtown Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-25-2016 11:37 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's decided to wait until after the draft in June to make sure no one comes back to UK. Can't take a chance that he might have competition in starting. [Wink]
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-26-2016 07:26 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Regardless of where he goes, the kids goal should be to outwork everyone else and earn a starting spot. If he's that worried about who's coming back to a school, I think he has issues.
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-26-2016 08:36 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He better realize that when you go to a program like Kentucky or Duke you are always going to have
competition.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com