TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Briscoe's stock needs a boost!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Briscoe's stock needs a boost!
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-13-2016 10:37 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With three final decisions made, freshman guard Isaiah Briscoe looks like the only remaining player on Kentucky’s roster who might seriously flirt with leaving for the NBA draft. But barring a big jump in stock over the next six weeks, his pro prospects for 2016 aren’t great.

“He’s in a tough position because everyone is taking advantage of this rule to test the waters,” ESPN draft analyst Chad Ford said. “It creates an incredibly crowded field for Briscoe. Every year, in a normal draft, there will be five, six bubble guys that will just go ahead and stick their necks out and take the chance, let the process play out and if they play great, there’s a chance to move up dramatically in the draft.

“But the problem this year is there are so many players who fit that category. Virtually every decent freshman in the country has declared for the draft this year, and it’s creating a really crowded environment. Given all the names I see out there right now, I don’t see how Briscoe moves himself into first-round consideration.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-13-2016 10:40 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It will be great having Briscoe back for another season, he could be a difference maker in just how far our team goes next year. Hopefully he will improve his shooting in the off season, he already does all the other things well like rebounding and playing defense.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-13-2016 07:30 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When will the day come when the powers that be realize the kids of today have zero interest in school? They really need to make it simple and have a D-league draft for kids right out of high school. No NBA draft at all. The only way to get to the NBA would be thru the D-league. This would save the NBA teams so much money as they could then analyze kids in their own system for very little money.

College ball needs to be for kids who want to get a degree.

Posts: 10329 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-13-2016 07:33 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Shooting may be a tough thing for Briscoe to change drastically but it sure would help if he could at least improve his free throw shooting. Shooting 46% from the line is hard to understand.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-13-2016 10:26 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's just not that good of a shooter. If he can't drive to the basket, he's not much offensive help. I love having him on the team though, because he is outstanding in all other phases of the game.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36266 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 04-14-2016 08:03 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I read that he was a 79% FT shooter in high school and also won a 3 point shooting contest at some all star camp.

So, it is either something in his head that he needs to get over or he has bulked up so much that it has affected his shooting.

If he brings his FT shooting up to the 70s and becomes an average shooter, I am guessing that he should be able to make a living in the pros.

I don't get paid to coach a top D1 team, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but if I were in charge, I would try using a hypnotist to give him a positive mind set, when he is at the FT line.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-14-2016 09:29 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Until he gets over what his shooting problem his playing time may suffer as Cal has brought in a awfully talented shooting guard in Malik Monk who is the number one shooting guard in the class.

Link

[ 04-14-2016, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com