TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » THANK U KARMA

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THANK U KARMA
raymander
Player
Member # 1965

posted 04-04-2016 11:41 PM      Profile for raymander   Author's Homepage   Email raymander   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So glad the cheaters lost tonight. What a joke, 2 teams in the final 4 that cheat to get their. Emmert u need to go, the NCAA is in the crapper and you are the reason why. Still I would of loved to see emmret hand a trophy to old roy. [Wink]
Posts: 142 | From: cincinnati | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-04-2016 11:53 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ouch! That had to hurt. [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-05-2016 12:27 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It all worked out good for the NCAA. Now they don't have to worry about taking the title away from UNC when they make their final decision. I guess now they can do nothing to UNC and in a month the world will just forget it. NOT!
Posts: 14116 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-05-2016 01:23 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hell they took the runner up from cal twice - do the same for old roy

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-05-2016 06:39 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Terrible defense by Roy and UNC on the last play. I'm not sure how you leave the most dangerous shooter on the floor unguarded. LOL.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11532 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 04-05-2016 07:36 AM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You think now they can show the last shot made ever year last night like the chris laettner shot !!

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 735 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-05-2016 07:53 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ProBlue:
You think now they can show the last shot made ever year last night like the chris laettner shot !!

I was having the exact same thought last night, after turning the TV off and going to bed! I did indeed sleep well last night.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-05-2016 11:30 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can see it all clearly now. The kids who played last night had nothing to do with the academic fraud (or did they take some of the phantom courses) and will not be punished. All I foresee is UNC being hit with a large fine in the academic area and not one thing against any of the athletic programs.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-05-2016 11:42 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trey Ball:
Terrible defense by Roy and UNC on the last play. I'm not sure how you leave the most dangerous shooter on the floor unguarded. LOL.

It was like UNC was just letting them shoot and hoping it didn't go in. I'd like to hear if Roy spoke about this last play in the press conference.
Posts: 10321 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 04-05-2016 12:20 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was the little dish pass that got him the open shot. Nicely drawn play from sideline during the time out.
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 04-05-2016 01:04 PM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Typical Roy defense! No way unc shoots 65% from three, hits 11 threes and outrebounds Nova by 13 and still loses!
I hope he never leaves chapel hell

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-05-2016 01:06 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And, they had to inbound the ball, bring it up the floor, make the pass and the shot, all in less than 5 seconds! Absolutely a thing of beauty!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 04-05-2016 01:24 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes a film clip for the ages. We'll look forward to seeing it replayed every year. [Big Grin]
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-05-2016 01:25 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No one even guarded Jenkins as he ran down the court behind Archi. No wonder he was wide open. Brice Johnson was standing alone under the basket as the ball went in the hoop, and the other four Tarheels were all inside the 3-point line. They were just giving up a long shot and hoping it didn't go in.
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 04-05-2016 02:34 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ProBlue:

I don't think so...the media hates us more than UNC so I still think the Laettner shot will surpass Villanova's shot. I do think last night's shot was much more exciting than the Laettner shot because it was a National Championship shot, a three pointer and no time left.
Posts: 1495 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 04-05-2016 02:35 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They rolled the dice and lost. They were going to try and guard everything except the 3. Nova knew it and took the open shot. Nothing to lose except having to play NC 5 more minutes.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-05-2016 02:40 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was a very poor coached defensive game by North Carolina and shows that even with the talent advantage NC had they got beat by a team with far less talent. uncSUCKS nailed it!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 04-05-2016 03:06 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WildcatFanatic:
They rolled the dice and lost. They were going to try and guard everything except the 3. Nova knew it and took the open shot. Nothing to lose except having to play NC 5 more minutes.

Exactly right! UNCsucks had some great stats too. They blew it big time.
Posts: 1495 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-05-2016 03:14 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WildcatFanatic:
It was the little dish pass that got him the open shot. Nicely drawn play from sideline during the time out.

It was the same play that Nova ran multiple times at end of half and end of game situations this season. The Nova players even commented that was the same play they ended every practice with this year.

If Ole Roy would have watched some tape he would have known what was coming. His problem was not having anyone guard Jenkins while he was in bounding the ball. He chose to have Johnson off the ball which is EXACTLY what Nova wanted.

[ 04-05-2016, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11532 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-05-2016 05:10 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I told the guys down at coffee this afternoon that Nova won it because they are a Catholic college and God loved them better. One of the guys said he wasn't Catholic, but he was saying a little prayer himself! Of course I was the only Catholic there, and they all gave me "that look"! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-05-2016 07:09 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:
It was a very poor coached defensive game by North Carolina and shows that even with the talent advantage NC had they got beat by a team with far less talent.

I wouldn't go that far, CMD. Villanova was pretty darn talented. 35-5, and they just blasted Oklahoma by 44 points. They weren't that bad of a team.
[Smile]

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-05-2016 09:21 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wasn't there some discussion in the selection day show about how could the committee drop them to a 2 ranking. That is the one that came back to bite them.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com